A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utahtroy
Mitchfin I'm in SLC and just bought a 2016 A7 with Pre Sense and the MMI shows active lane assist is inactive. I'm not super technical and I'm wondering if there is someone in SLC who could help activate this for me
Would love the same if anyone's in the Nashville area. :-)
Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Has anyone managed to retrofit the indicator stalk with the lane departure button on it?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did it on both my S8 and SQ5. Bought the stalks on eBay. Just make sure you get the correct stalk for your vehicle as far as other options are concerned. E.g. I bought one of a vehicle with a heated steering wheel, which mine does not have. It gave an error notification every time I turned the car on. Replacing the stalk of a vehicle without a heated steering wheel, sorted the issue. If I remember correctly, there were about 5 different versions of the steering stalk assembly.
I had to do get my dealer to do to the basic calibration of the steering sensor in case of the SQ5. At the time, the new Q5 was still new and VCDS could not do it yet. Maybe by now, it has been updated with the procedure.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hello,
does anyone know the coding to turn off a warning that appears after 15 sec to hand over the steering wheel?
Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by michnik
hello,
does anyone know the coding to turn off a warning that appears after 15 sec to hand over the steering wheel?
There is none...you can only change the interval for the warning and I thought the max was 10 seconds but could be wrong.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ron.S
There is none...you can only change the interval for the warning and I thought the max was 10 seconds but could be wrong.
thanks for the answer. Do you know where are the interval settings?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry, I don’t have my OBD 11 with me and don’t recall. I think it’s posted somewhere, maybe this thread. There are three levels, none long enough.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by michnik

thanks for the answer. Do you know where are the interval settings?
It is located in A5 module under Adaptations as "Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold."

From there, you may change it to the factory default of "Medium" to "Late."

I made a PDF of all the coding that I did in the event I needed to restore it to factory settings manually or if the electrics get reset. Here is a snippet for the Active Lane Assist. I hope this is easier for others to read; thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by wit2000
Hi All,
I was thinking of doing this, till i came across this from kufatec. Will this do the same as using the ob11 and the app? Is this reversible? I tried emailing the company, but no luck. Any info would be a big help. I know they already make one for the traffic sign recognition. Has anyone purchased from them?

https://www.kufatec.com/de/alle-prod...tent-mlb-42288
I'm wondering the same thing myself. It would seem to do the ALA coding, but then it mentioned in the description that it is for use if you have previously retrofitted the hardware for ALA. I spoke to somebody in the chat at Kufatec and they weren't really understanding my questions (though they did indicate that it was "not for my chasis."
Old 02-22-2019, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Quick question for those who have done the ALA coding using OBD 11. I see that there acting it using the automated process is a two-step procedure (two apps). If I do it and then decide later to deactivate it, how does this work? Do you simply uncheck the app? If so, which do you uncheck first?

I did some coding with my OBD 11 and my '17 A4 but that was before there were really any automated apps. Now I have a new Q5 Premium Plus and want to give ALA a try but need to make sure I can easily revert back.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)