A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by David Peltz
I'm wondering the same thing myself. It would seem to do the ALA coding, but then it mentioned in the description that it is for use if you have previously retrofitted the hardware for ALA. I spoke to somebody in the chat at Kufatec and they weren't really understanding my questions (though they did indicate that it was "not for my chasis."
I would recommend getting OBDEleven at that price point and follow the instructions that are provided in this thread. You'll be able to do much more; diagnostics, coding, etc.

The only item that OBDEleven cannot do is the traffic sign recognition due to the parameterization function which requires VCP.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaavid
I would recommend getting OBDEleven at that price point and follow the instructions that are provided in this thread. You'll be able to do much more; diagnostics, coding, etc.

The only item that OBDEleven cannot do is the traffic sign recognition due to the parameterization function which requires VCP.
I have the OBD device but was wondering whether the KUFATEC dongle might be a simpler way of enabling and disabling on the fly since you can keep it in the glovebox and, unlike the OBD 11, a WiFI connection isn't required.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Anyone here try this for getting it to read the signs?

​https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-products/coding-dongle-traffic-sign-recognition-mlb-for-audi-4188

I'm tempted to get it but wondering if it's worth it (for whoever tried). Thanks
Old 03-06-2019, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,
Is there a code to Disable pre-sense on a 2017 Audi Q7?

Thx
Old 03-06-2019, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ASamba
Anyone here try this for getting it to read the signs?

https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-produ...-for-audi-4188

I'm tempted to get it but wondering if it's worth it (for whoever tried). Thanks
I purchased it and it worked perfectly. It was a simple plug and play. The system recognizes most signs correctly but occasionally gets one wrong when there are 2 different limits for cars and trucks with both limits on the same post. It's a tool that helps. It displays in the HUD along with your actual speed.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ron.S
I purchased it and it worked perfectly. It was a simple plug and play. The system recognizes most signs correctly but occasionally gets one wrong when there are 2 different limits for cars and trucks with both limits on the same post. It's a tool that helps. It displays in the HUD along with your actual speed.
Thanks. I guess I'll go ahead and buy it. By the way... The HUD is only on prestige models right? I have a premium plus
Old 03-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Default Pfft not working 😔😔

Hi there, i did everything as explained, got the menu in the mmi but no lane assist stripes in my virtual cockpit so no working lane assist 😔

what do you mean by the following ?

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

Thx !
Old 04-08-2019, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,
I activated the ALA and it works ! thanks a lot
I tried to activate TJA and can't make it to work (all the codings worked fine and the menu appeared in the MMI and is activated)

Do I need to buy the steering wheel lever for ALA to activate TJA ?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 720 Likes on 499 Posts

TJA only works if you have Active Cruise Control.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have it

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)