A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Comparison to Infiniti Q50

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparison to Infiniti Q50

So I turned in my Q50 lease yesterday after 3 years. My Gotland Green A4 Premium Plus Tech is still 3 weeks away but the dealer gave me a free loaner. I thought it would be an Enterprise rental or an A3 but they gave me a new 2017 Black A4! Granted it's a base model but I'll share my impressions. Ever since I could afford nicer cars I've leased a succession of Lexus' Acuras and Infiniti's. This is my first Audi and first German car.

* This is the best driving car I've owned, although the Lexus GS was very close
* Steering is excellent, ride is smooth and I'm shocked that the 4 cyl turbo is quicker than the big V6 in the Q50
* The base stereo sounds better than the upgraded model in the Infiniti. Can't wait to have the better one in 3 weeks.
* The seats are firmer but still comfortable
* The car is the perfect size, usable back seat but drives small
* The rear camera view can actually be seen when wearing sunglasses. I couldn't see anything in the Q50

Dislikes:
* Can't lock the car from the inside door while getting out. Really annoying, have been doing this all my life. With the A4 you have to close the door and then feel for the indentation on the door handle to lock the car.
* No electronic steering wheel adjuster
* No setting to move the seat back automatically when exiting. Really miss that especially now that I'm getting older
* Touch screen is much better for inputting addresses, although I don't miss all the finger prints
* wish you didn't have to get the prestige to be able to change the colors of the interior lighting

All in all this is the nicest car I've owned so far. Can't wait to get my real one in a few weeks and try out the virtual cockpit and the better sound system.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

BW, welcome aboard, and congratulations on the new ride. Audi is producing some great cars right now! I hope you enjoy it 110% !

I have the chance to drive a lot of different marques. I know the Japanese still claim they're comparable to the German driving "experience", but they're not. We have an Infiniti and a Nissan, they are worlds apart from the contemporary Audi product. They may as well be from a different planet, contrary to what their marketeers say.

Have fun
Old 10-29-2016, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey, I really appreciate your review. Our G37 Vert lease is up next June and, of course, one of the options is the Q50 because we have leased/owned many Infinitis and the dealership will probably try hard to get us back. I've also been looking at the new QX30 for a bit more utility. It is sharp-looking and is getting decent reviews.

However, I can't imagine anything driving better than the A4... plus I love the interior from the sport seats to the tech to the lighting to the classy looking A/C display/buttons... and since the A5 Sportback, Q5 and Allroad will all be similar it will be tough to go with anything other than Audi.

On another note, I also agree with you that my '13 GS F Sport came really close in driving dynamics.

Really nice that your dealership put you into an A4 while you were waiting for yours to come in. My Lexus dealership did the same and put me into a '13 GS while I was waiting for mine to arrive. Helps you to learn all about the car so when you take delivery you know exactly what questions to ask! Congratulations on the upcoming ride!

Last edited by dseag2; 10-29-2016 at 05:52 PM.