A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Custom stealth sub enclosure for right trunk compartment - have to cut?

Old 02-21-2018, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom stealth sub enclosure for right trunk compartment - have to cut?

I recently purchased my B9 A4 with B&O. Though the music I typically listen to is not what one would consider bass-heavy, I do like the punch where warranted. I am pretty good with my hands and have built several custom fiberglass sub enclosures over the past 15 years for myself and friends. Stealth installs are very appealing to me, so I wanted to go the route where my mono amp would be hidden in the left side trunk compartment (with the stock amp) and the sub would be molded into the right compartment side. However, when I went to size things up I noticed the right (and left) compartment doors / covers don't come off completely and are connected to the trunk liner as one big piece.

Obviously I would need the whole thing removed in order to actually install the sub (let alone to be able to create the enclosure). I was wondering if anyone has done this. Specifically has anyone removed the right side cover by cutting it away from the rest of the trunk liner? I am a bit hesitant to go cutting up what I bet is a very expensive piece to replace.