A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Door Light not Working

Old 06-19-2019, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, these kit are still available. I am still waiting for some parts to arrive (possibly next week). Please feel free to PM me for details

Eric
Hi. My 2016 a4 has no puddle lights or these door lights, and no door handle lights.
Do you know if these will plug in to the door lume and is it likely to work. Interested in adding puddle lights too .cant seem to source any door handle lights?
What would be the shipping charge for ireland?.
Thanks.
Niall
Old 07-01-2019, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Niallmurray
Hi. My 2016 a4 has no puddle lights or these door lights, and no door handle lights.
Do you know if these will plug in to the door lume and is it likely to work. Interested in adding puddle lights too .cant seem to source any door handle lights?
What would be the shipping charge for ireland?.
Thanks.
Niall
Hi Eric - I'm also Eric:

I'm annoyed that Audi discontinued the active door edge red warning light, especially since there is power to the puddle light!

Please let me know how to order the replacement light kit (4 pcs.) and the right rear trunk light.

Thanks,

Eric
EricGJ123@gmail.com
Old 07-26-2021, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I need help with my A4 2003 1.8 quattro

I was changing the door lights (not the red ones but the ones under the doors and seats by your feet area, and think i shorted something because i used a metal pry tool to take the bulb out with it still plugged in which i know now is a mistake but what i want to know if how do i fix that now ? when i touched the metal to the light bulb i actually heard something short, so what do i need to replace? do i need to open the door? i tried other bulbs but i think the whole thing is fried.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 283 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Souleater
I was changing the door lights (not the red ones but the ones under the doors and seats by your feet area, and think i shorted something because i used a metal pry tool to take the bulb out with it still plugged in which i know now is a mistake but what i want to know if how do i fix that now ? when i touched the metal to the light bulb i actually heard something short, so what do i need to replace? do i need to open the door? i tried other bulbs but i think the whole thing is fried.
You're in the wrong forum - should be in the B6 one. I don't have my B6 anymore, but my B7 manual says there are two separate fuses, one for the front doors, one for the rear doors so I would check those. Know you've tried bulbs but you should also use a voltmeter to see if you actually have 12V at the puddle light connector. Do the red lights you mention work or is it only the puddle ones that don't? The door panels come off quite easily but you need to go slowly to avoid braking clips and the associated backing panels. There' are screws in the armrest and door handle area that need to be removed first. The wires in the door jamb are also prone to breaking leaving you with intermittent connections but that doesn't sound like where your problem would be.