AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   ECS TUNING - WHAT A LET DOWN (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/ecs-tuning-what-let-down-2941266/)

R8ready 01-19-2018 02:41 PM

ECS TUNING - WHAT A LET DOWN

This is my first Audi so i wasnt familiar with which companys out there support the car and make QUALITY parts for it.

was looking for an intake and stumbled upon ECS tuning. I order their intake and was really impressed with it and quality. i thought i found my company that i will purchase my parts from going forward.

I recently purchased the carbon fiber front lip overlay and carbon mirrors. it states its hand made etc etc.

I received my package and was SHOCKED to see "made in china" on the mirror caps bag. No ECS tuning badging. I unwrap it and one clip was broken. Called to get it replaced. ECS sent out a new one and AGAIN clip was broken and this one looks like the clip was broken and they tried to put it back together.

This is horrible. I thought i was paying for top quality and it seems like its made in china. The fact that i received 2 "brand new" caps are both times clips were broken goes to show the quality they are really made from. Called ECS tuning and the guy stated that yes they out source their carbon mirrors to china but have some sort of quality control. Will i can tell you that the quality aint there since I received two orders with the same quality control.

just disappointed that they preach about TOP quality and this happens. dot get me wrong i know not everything is perfect but back to back. that is extremely odd

securityguy 01-19-2018 03:24 PM

Interesting post. I, too, ordered the carbon fiber mirror caps from ECS. The first set had one broken clip. The second set, which I just received a few days ago, looks perfect and I plan to install them this weekend.

lexsynergy 01-19-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 25098707)
Interesting post. I, too, ordered the carbon fiber mirror caps from ECS. The first set had one broken clip. The second set, which I just received a few days ago, looks perfect and I plan to install them this weekend.

i also ordered a set of carbon fiber mirror caps a few weeks ago, and they are sourced from china.. No clips are broken tho. fitment was ok.

Fantasiamon 01-19-2018 04:56 PM

ECS is hit or miss. They do carry a large range of parts and accessories and I have purchased many things from them over the years. Sometimes there is an item or two that don't really make the cut but for the most part I do appreciate the depth of their catalog. Even if they don't like to categorize anything for Wagon guys.

steven7270 01-19-2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by lexsynergy (Post 25098714)
i also ordered a set of carbon fiber mirror caps a few weeks ago, and they are sourced from china.. No clips are broken tho. fitment was ok.

yea fitment wasn't exact but workable

savi01 01-19-2018 07:53 PM

I agree with Fantasiamon, they are pretty hit and miss but they have a lot of products.

I also bought the carbon fiber front lip overlay a couple months ago and I wasn't very happy with it. For how much they're asking for the carbon fiber pieces, the quality is just not there.

DizzyA4 01-19-2018 08:36 PM

I purchased a few small things 2 weeks ago, to get the free shipping I added a couple others things. In my order is says in stock ships today, one thing is back ordered until the end of Jan. I contacted them today and found out they aren't shipping any of it until the back ordered item comes in and they told me that it's because I didn't meet the shipping minimum. I did meet the shipping minimum but they deducted the back ordered item. This is a pretty crappy shipping policy. To ship the in stock items which clearly they lie about shipping the same day would probably cost them $5 and to do the back ordered item maybe $3.

Chris 'Kontender' Jackson 01-20-2018 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by steven7270 (Post 25098745)
yea fitment wasn't exact but workable

This is kinda upsetting news... I am way too OCD lol I need an exact fitment so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the carbon mirrors :/

R8ready 01-20-2018 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chris 'Kontender' Jackson (Post 25098861)
This is kinda upsetting news... I am way too OCD lol I need an exact fitment so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the carbon mirrors :/

Im the same way. Might return the mirrors.

The overlay looks good. I haven't installed it but now I'm concerned about figment. Ughhh

securityguy 01-20-2018 06:33 AM

I think I am at least going to try them and see how they fit before throwing in the towel. I am an EE and very anal and OCD too...but we won't know until you try. Can always return them if the fit doesn't meet spec. Problem is the only other "real" option is OEM Audi and they are waaaaay more than I am willing to spend.