A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Emergency Call Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:31 PM
isn
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddaniels3509
I have this same issue as well. I suppose I'll take it to the dealer and see what they have to say.
For my case, the dealer had changed the gateway, coaxial cable, antenna and checked all electrical wiring on my Q7. They found and replaced a faulty connector and it seems that resolved the issue with the emergency call.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen that warning, but I was in an underground parking garage at the time where there is no cell signal.

Does pressing the button call 911 which I would not test, or does it go to an Audi call center which I could consider making a test call to?
Old 02-21-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by isn
For my case, the dealer had changed the gateway, coaxial cable, antenna and checked all electrical wiring on my Q7. They found and replaced a faulty connector and it seems that resolved the issue with the emergency call.
Yep those are all the parts they ordered for me too. How long did they take to install those parts for you?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im getting the same message as well... also started within an hour of leaving the dealer. I dont want to leave them my car for too long, I just got it!
Old 06-21-2017, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hatched78
Im getting the same message as well... also started within an hour of leaving the dealer. I dont want to leave them my car for too long, I just got it!
After they get the parts it only took a few hours for the intall
Old 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hatched78
Did this issue get resolved for you? I have had the same issue pop up as soon as I drove my 2018 Q5 out of the dealership. First time owner of an Audi so not too happy, especially since they have had the car for over 3 weeks now
Old 07-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I feel your pain!
Took a bit over two weeks to fix. They had to order the part from Germany so the wait time was the shipping time. Once it came in on a Wednesday night, car was ready by Thursday afternoon.
Enjoy the new Q5 once you get it back!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had the issue on my A4. it's an SOS sensor malfunction and dealer needs to replace the sensor.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by isn
They did the same on my car. Today, apparently, they found the issue with some module located below the back seat. Of course, it has to be ordered from Germany now - so, another 2 weeks. It's a good thing the dealer provided me with a loaner (a 2017 Q5)
Old 09-28-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default SOS Malfunction Light

Originally Posted by bengtc
Has anyone else gotten this error. It will show up and then disappear a few seconds later. Does it randomly.

This happened to me this morning, just got my 2017 Audi A4, had it for one week. The SOS Malfunction indicator light came on, I turned the car off and back on again and it was gone... Hope it doesn't come back!

Quick Reply: Emergency Call Malfunction