A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Excuse this dumb question -- how do I find a Prestige model?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Head up display, top view camera and traffic jam assist are the favorites in my prestige. You might also want to order sport package if you want the better seats and improved handling. Also there is rear side airbag option for extra safety.
My order took five months to arrive due to lack of allocation from dealer.

If wireless charging and minor exterior changes are not imporatant for you and you don’t want to lease, there are couple of 2018 prestige A4s left that you can get for a good discount.

Last edited by marz1; 02-15-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by marz1
If wireless charging and minir exteriir chsnges are not imporatant for you and you don’t want to lease, there are couple of 2018 prestige A4s left that you can get for a good discount.
Where did they put the wireless charging pad?
Old 02-15-2019, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Where did they put the wireless charging pad?
The Audi phone box is located in the center console storage.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaavid
The Audi phone box is located in the center console storage.
Well thats pretty cool. https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...hone-box-42314 in case anyone else was as curios as I was. The only problem I have with wireless charging in cars right now is if the car doesnt have Projection Android Auto also. Then I still have to plug my phone in anyway to get AA and that defeats the purpose of having the Qi charger.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Well thats pretty cool. https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...hone-box-42314 in case anyone else was as curios as I was. The only problem I have with wireless charging in cars right now is if the car doesnt have Projection Android Auto also. Then I still have to plug my phone in anyway to get AA and that defeats the purpose of having the Qi charger.
I believe BMW is the only automaker that has wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, and it's a subscription based service.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe BMW is the only automaker that has wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, and it's a subscription based service.
The new Q8 & the other models that have the new touch screen technology have wireless Apple Car Play.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
The new Q8 & the other models that have the new touch screen technology have wireless Apple Car Play.
That's great to hear. As long as it is not on a subscription based service like how BMW does it haha.

On a side note, how has your Q8 been treating you?
Old 02-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I went over to Beverly Hills Audi and test drove a front wheel drive premium plus 2019 A4. Very nice car indeed.

The salesperson did a search for me and said there's a Blue 2019 Prestige model at another dealer in Southern Cal. It has beige leather seats. What's the general opinion on beige leather? Ok, or gets dirty. (I myself prefer a lighter color interior, but not if it gets dirty.)

They didn't have a Prestige I could test drive. I am interested to drive one, and in particular to hear the upgraded stereo. So this weekend I'll try to take a look at another dealer.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:42 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveItself
Well, I went over to Beverly Hills Audi and test drove a front wheel drive premium plus 2019 A4. Very nice car indeed.

The salesperson did a search for me and said there's a Blue 2019 Prestige model at another dealer in Southern Cal. It has beige leather seats. What's the general opinion on beige leather? Ok, or gets dirty. (I myself prefer a lighter color interior, but not if it gets dirty.)

They didn't have a Prestige I could test drive. I am interested to drive one, and in particular to hear the upgraded stereo. So this weekend I'll try to take a look at another dealer.
Isn't the upgraded stereo also available on the US-market premium plus?

Which blue are you looking at? Navarra? I would love the beige interior, especially if it's the US-market 'full beige' rather than the beige or grey seats, black dash we get here...
Old 02-16-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's great to hear. As long as it is not on a subscription based service like how BMW does it haha.

On a side note, how has your Q8 been treating you?
The only subscription Audi has is their overpriced "Audi Connect" but you don't need that to use Car Play.
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I've only had the Q8 a little over a week & what little I've driven it (<100 mi) it's great. Technology is far superior to any of the other Audis I've owned.

Quick Reply: Excuse this dumb question -- how do I find a Prestige model?