AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Finally, another lease-end option (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/finally-another-lease-end-option-2968039/)

A4Driver 02-28-2019 05:28 PM

Finally, another lease-end option

Tesla just made an affordable option for those of us whose B9 leases are coming to an end:

Model 3

Standard Range: 220mi, $35k
Standard Range Plus: 240mi, $37k
Mid Range: 264mi, $40k
Long Range: 325mi, $43k
Long Range AWD: 310mi, $47k
Performance AWD: 310mi, $58k, 0-60 mph in 3.2s!

Dave W 02-28-2019 05:34 PM

Just for information, this has been in the news lately. Consumer Reports no longer recommends the Model 3, a major slam.

Here’s the link;

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...bility-issues/

samsj 02-28-2019 07:55 PM

The road noise and ride quality is quite bad on the model 3. You will notice it especially if you have the non sport suspension on your A4.

VipinLJ 02-28-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by samsj (Post 25283270)
The road noise and ride quality is quite bad on the model 3. You will notice it especially if you have the non sport suspension on your A4.

Build quality is bad too. I sat in a model 3 a few months ago and the doors felt like tin cans. But yea. I’ll be checking one out just for fun to see if I like how it performs and drives.

SNGGA 03-01-2019 04:03 AM

Polestar 2 hopefully will put some competition on the Model 3

bob m 03-01-2019 04:30 AM

The Tesla having enough reliability issues to have CR not recommend it should have those considering purchasing the Tesla pause - at least until it can be demonstrated that these issues have been taken care of - as per Tesla's response. However EV's are the wave of the future no doubt. Having said that, I would never consider any EV until the infrastructure around the country can support them - when the charging stations get to pretty close to gas station availability, the driving range doubles from current miles and charging time takes minutes not hours - but that's just my simple take on it. Others obviously think differently and deal with my list of shortcomings and have embraced the "new" technology. As a second car in the family, I would be more comfortable with it - not as the only car in the family for reasons listed.

But Tesla - and others are to be commended for spearheading the EV and in years to come when they will be the rule rather than the exception, this EV changeover from the CE is almost - but close enough, to call to mind the advent of the CE and the Ford Model T's over horse and wagons.

HyperS4 03-01-2019 05:07 AM

Is it me or does it look like a frog from the front 3/4 view? I just think its so ugly and I get range anxiety thinking about any electric car.

bob m 03-01-2019 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by HyperS4 (Post 25283363)
Is it me or does it look like a frog from the front 3/4 view? I just think its so ugly and I get range anxiety thinking about any electric car.

Don't know about the appearance but as I mentioned the range thing is a dealbreaker for me too.

HyperS4 03-01-2019 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by bob m (Post 25283365)
Don't know about the appearance but as I mentioned the range thing is a dealbreaker for me too.

I keep thinking about the trip I took to Vermont in November. It was 340 miles one way. I made it there with 100+ miles still showing on my distance to empty. If I had an electric vehicle, I would have had to go off the beaten path to find a charger, wait however long to get charged back up, and then get on the road again. Not my idea of a road trip. Or, I could have rented a car for the weekend, but that defeats the purpose of having a normal daily driver.

bob m 03-01-2019 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by HyperS4 (Post 25283366)
I keep thinking about the trip I took to Vermont in November. It was 340 miles one way. I made it there with 100+ miles still showing on my distance to empty. If I had an electric vehicle, I would have had to go off the beaten path to find a charger, wait however long to get charged back up, and then get on the road again. Not my idea of a road trip. Or, I could have rented a car for the weekend, but that defeats the purpose of having a normal daily driver.

Exactly!