AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Flickering virtual cockpit (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/flickering-virtual-cockpit-2975708/)

Saygin Saracoglu 07-11-2019 05:23 PM

Flickering virtual cockpit

Hello guys i just got my used a4 2017 with virtual cockpit however virtual cockpit screen flickering and during night mode lot of white dots appearing very quickly.It like television from 80s. Did anybody experience similar issue? does warranty cover that issue?

Saygin Saracoglu 07-11-2019 05:30 PM

here are the videos:

JDA_yeg 07-11-2019 11:43 PM

Visit the dealership. I would think the dashboard screen is included in warranty. The LCD is fine but a module is definitely faulty.

Saygin Saracoglu 07-12-2019 04:26 PM

delarship told me there might be water or other damage caused by detailinng . They are gonna check monday

Mls2701 08-28-2020 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had this same problem with my 2018 Q7 for 2 years... basically since I got it new. I tell the dealership (and show them videos of the flickering) every time it gets serviced and they always say the same thing : "You're not the only one that has this issue but we don't know what the problem is. We'll update the software." Firmware upgrades or whatever they're doing are not the answer since it continues to intermittently happen. To be clear, only the selectable display portion of the virtual cockpit screen flickers - not the virtual gauges -- which is very weird. And all the while the dashboard mounted MMI display does not flicker even when they're displaying the same information. See video attached. Would love some feedback from anyone who has gotten this correctly diagnosed/fixed. Anyone? Thanks!

fam 01-08-2022 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mls2701 (Post 25492979)
I've had this same problem with my 2018 Q7 for 2 years... basically since I got it new. I tell the dealership (and show them videos of the flickering) every time it gets serviced and they always say the same thing : "You're not the only one that has this issue but we don't know what the problem is. We'll update the software." Firmware upgrades or whatever they're doing are not the answer since it continues to intermittently happen. To be clear, only the selectable display portion of the virtual cockpit screen flickers - not the virtual gauges -- which is very weird. And all the while the dashboard mounted MMI display does not flicker even when they're displaying the same information. See video attached. Would love some feedback from anyone who has gotten this correctly diagnosed/fixed. Anyone? Thanks!

I’ve got a similar issue on my 21 A6, albeit limited to just the “mini-map” that appears on the right side in the Virtual Cockpit while navigating somewhere. Additionally, it only happens in certain areas, whereas works just fine everywhere else. Lastly, the flickering stops when I stop my car, is it similar as well for you? Were you able to get your issue resolved by any chance?