A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

FYI, I reached out to RaceChip USA on B9 development

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI, I reached out to RaceChip USA on B9 development

Hi all,
in case anyone else was wondering on a piggyback system for the B9... I reached out to RaceChip USA on if/when an "Ultimate" unit would be available for the B9.

Their response back to me yesterday: "We expect the item to show up online in about 8 weeks."

Note: I have NO relationship in any way with this company. Just wanting to make the B9 go faster. I am looking to commit on a fully-loaded Prestige within the next month or so (once more inventory is out there), so this is good timing for me.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by btomasie
Hi all,
in case anyone else was wondering on a piggyback system for the B9... I reached out to RaceChip USA on if/when an "Ultimate" unit would be available for the B9.

Their response back to me yesterday: "We expect the item to show up online in about 8 weeks."

Note: I have NO relationship in any way with this company. Just wanting to make the B9 go faster. I am looking to commit on a fully-loaded Prestige within the next month or so (once more inventory is out there), so this is good timing for me.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Picked mine up today. Power is good, would be great with another 60hp! I worry about the DSG, however. I always chipped my 6MT VWs but if your DSG goes and your running a tune, be prepared to foot the $7000 repair bill.

Also don't know much about the turbo on this car, but I see it's already huffing at 21psi. Wonder how well it'll hold up if they boost it to 30ish psi.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Edit: Hmmmm got that 21psi number from Car and Driver where they say in the specs "Max Boost : 21.5 psi" Maybe that's the max boost the turbo can handle, but not the boost that the car actually runs at.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Streetspeed
Picked mine up today. Power is good, would be great with another 60hp! I worry about the DSG, however. I always chipped my 6MT VWs but if your DSG goes and your running a tune, be prepared to foot the $7000 repair bill.
The benefit of a system like this though is that it should be undetectable by the dealer if you remove it prior to taking it in for service. So that repair bill could be covered under warranty. Not the most honest thing to do though.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BiscuitEmbryo
The benefit of a system like this though is that it should be undetectable by the dealer if you remove it prior to taking it in for service. So that repair bill could be covered under warranty. Not the most honest thing to do though.
Should be undetectable, but they're not always. They can pull ECU data, see history, and then it can be pretty obvious. Hell Stasis somehow has a Warranty through Audi for their products, and even with that I've heard horror stories of things blowing up and Audi fighting the claims. Like I said when the worst that could happen was a blown turbo or new clutch I took the risk in the passed and never had any problems. But that tranny is quite pricey. I'll look forward to seeing what APR and Stasis has to say about it.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetspeed
Should be undetectable, but they're not always. They can pull ECU data, see history, and then it can be pretty obvious. Hell Stasis somehow has a Warranty through Audi for their products, and even with that I've heard horror stories of things blowing up and Audi fighting the claims. Like I said when the worst that could happen was a blown turbo or new clutch I took the risk in the passed and never had any problems. But that tranny is quite pricey. I'll look forward to seeing what APR and Stasis has to say about it.
Stasis went out of business almost 2 years ago.

A fond farewell to STaSIS ? Nick's Car Blog

APR does not offer a warranty on the drivetrain, nor does it guarantee their tune will not result in a TD1 code, even when APR reinstalls the factory software before you take the car to the Audi dealer.

Bottom line - if your car generates a TD1 code, you're on your own when dealing with Audi.