A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Haven't gotten around to taking any photos of my car so I figure I'd try today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Haven't gotten around to taking any photos of my car so I figure I'd try today...

Old 03-21-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, just came back from a short drive in some pretty nasty roads here in Central PA, quattro handled everything well. Got a bit bogged down on my driveway but the snow was thick and I stopped midway to open my garage door (still bothers me that it only works from super close distances, but that's another story). Turned off traction control and no problems getting up
Old 03-21-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jyang7788
Looks great, just came back from a short drive in some pretty nasty roads here in Central PA, quattro handled everything well. Got a bit bogged down on my driveway but the snow was thick and I stopped midway to open my garage door (still bothers me that it only works from super close distances, but that's another story). Turned off traction control and no problems getting up
Thank you! And yeah I'm coming from a RWD 2014 F30 335i so the AWD is quite nice. It's not as "fun" since I can't easily get the tail to kick out but the extra confidence is a welcomed change. The BMW was fine provided I threw on a set of winter tires, while I should probably do the same with the A4, it hardly ever snows in DC to warrant them. The A4 had no trouble at all getting around with the standard all season tires.

Last edited by guy_incognito; 03-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haha I came from a 2014 335 F30 as well but I went with xDrive. How are you liking the switch? Only thing I'm missing is the engine sound...kind of makes me wish I splurged and went with the S4 :/

What % tint is that? Been meaning to get some added but seems like PA tint laws aren't great.

Agree on winter tires, I feel like a good set of all-seasons will work just fine for my area but when these Pirellis are worn, I will likely go with a set of Contis or Michelins.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Haha I came from a 2014 335 F30 as well but I went with xDrive. How are you liking the switch? Only thing I'm missing is the engine sound...kind of makes me wish I splurged and went with the S4 :/

What % tint is that? Been meaning to get some added but seems like PA tint laws aren't great.

Agree on winter tires, I feel like a good set of all-seasons will work just fine for my area but when these Pirellis are worn, I will likely go with a set of Contis or Michelins.
Yeah I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $10k to get the S4 but I'm liking it. Not as fun to drive as the F30 was and since the one I had came with the M Performance Exhaust, the sound is definitely the thing I'm missing the most. I also prefer using iDrive to MMI but MMI isn't bad.

That said, the interior is significantly nicer, the car itself isn't boring to drive by any means, plus I can actually take the car hiking which I couldn't do on most trails in my F30 since it had those awful RFT and had the 19" wheels. Plus I was afraid of it getting stuck or bottoming out.

Overall I'm happy I made the switch. The tint is 35% all around, DC laws are pretty strict when it comes to tint but its one of those things no one really enforces.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by guy_incognito
Yeah I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $10k to get the S4 but I'm liking it. Not as fun to drive as the F30 was and since the one I had came with the M Performance Exhaust, the sound is definitely the thing I'm missing the most. I also prefer using iDrive to MMI but MMI isn't bad.

That said, the interior is significantly nicer, the car itself isn't boring to drive by any means, plus I can actually take the car hiking which I couldn't do on most trails in my F30 since it had those awful RFT and had the 19" wheels. Plus I was afraid of it getting stuck or bottoming out.

Overall I'm happy I made the switch. The tint is 35% all around, DC laws are pretty strict when it comes to tint but its one of those things no one really enforces.
I know what you mean, my 335 had the M Performance Exhaust and the M Performance Power Kit! I've actually tried contacting AudiUSA and suggested they make a line of "Audi Sport" products just like the M Performance stuff that BMW offers and Polestar that Volvo offers...got some pretty underwhelming/vague responses unfortunately. I'd imagine its a nice margin line of accessories that would benefit Audi and the dealers.

If they had an Audi Sport exhaust and/or tune that kept your warranty intact, I'd be first in line!
Old 03-23-2018, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know what you mean, my 335 had the M Performance Exhaust and the M Performance Power Kit! I've actually tried contacting AudiUSA and suggested they make a line of "Audi Sport" products just like the M Performance stuff that BMW offers and Polestar that Volvo offers...got some pretty underwhelming/vague responses unfortunately. I'd imagine its a nice margin line of accessories that would benefit Audi and the dealers.

If they had an Audi Sport exhaust and/or tune that kept your warranty intact, I'd be first in line!
Ha I had that exact same combo. MPPK and MPE, it was great! And yeah it's a shame Audi doesn't offer anything like that.

What color was your F30? Mine was Estoril Blue. I don't have many pictures of it but I do have this one, capturing the moment I became a true BMW owner.