A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Help with Photoshopping Black wheels on A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Photoshopping Black wheels on A4

My son is looking for an A4. Found what we think is a good deal on a A4 Premium Quattro with tech package.
Having just turned 26 he likes everything about the car except the 18" silver wheels. Dealer is willing to have them refinished to gloss black.

I tried to do a Photoshop using GIMP but did not have the skill. Would anyone who finds that easy change this to gloss black wheels? And comments on the look.

We are going this route, sacrificing the LED headlights and some lane assist type features so he can afford a Quattro with the 248HP engine. He has been driving a SAAB turbo since he was 17 and the 188 HP version doesn't cut it, especially once he drove the Quattro!

Old 03-18-2019, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Start at this site, change the car model and explore various wheel styles and colors:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...&package=false
Old 03-18-2019, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, that was a good suggestion. Still, the aftermarket wheels are more of an open look whereas the OEM are more wheel, less open space so still would appreciate Photoshp from someone if it is easy!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildcat UA
My son is looking for an A4. Found what we think is a good deal on a A4 Premium Quattro with tech package.
Having just turned 26 he likes everything about the car except the 18" silver wheels. Dealer is willing to have them refinished to gloss black.

I tried to do a Photoshop using GIMP but did not have the skill. Would anyone who finds that easy change this to gloss black wheels? And comments on the look.

We are going this route, sacrificing the LED headlights and some lane assist type features so he can afford a Quattro with the 248HP engine. He has been driving a SAAB turbo since he was 17 and the 188 HP version doesn't cut it, especially once he drove the Quattro!

The full LED, virtual cockpit and B&O are incredible features to have. I would suggest Finding a 2017 with some miles or 2018 in dealer inventory to save a little and get more then the basic features.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used my very mediocre photoshop skills. Its something!

I must say though, I'd go for the virtual cockpit and lights instead. Better resale value too probably.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeHawk
I used my very mediocre photoshop skills. Its something!

I must say though, I'd go for the virtual cockpit and lights instead. Better resale value too probably.
That is mediocre skills? Damn. Then I have like negative photoshop skills.

And I agree. LED and VC and BO are worth it. It get a 2017 A4 instead of a 2018 without those.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is a brand new 2018, 193 miles. List over $46,000 and getting it, if we go that way, for $40,000K, 13% discount.
Could not find another one new for close to that price.

Resale value not an issue, as a family we keep cars 9-15 years. He currently drives a 2004 SAAB Aero with over 150,000 miles.

Thanks for the Photoshop. Do you think the gloss black works on these wheels and this color A4?
Old 03-18-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildcat UA
This is a brand new 2018, 193 miles. List over $46,000 and getting it, if we go that way, for $40,000K, 13% discount.
Could not find another one new for close to that price.

Resale value not an issue, as a family we keep cars 9-15 years. He currently drives a 2004 SAAB Aero with over 150,000 miles.

Thanks for the Photoshop. Do you think the gloss black works on these wheels and this color A4?
I like it, but you'd need to keep the tires oiled up on the sides, so it looks more uniform. Matt black rims always look like dusty rims to me, so gloss is better. To be honest though, Id personally leave them stock, and save up for a set of sportier looking rims in the future.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LukeHawk
I like it, but you'd need to keep the tires oiled up on the sides, so it looks more uniform. Matt black rims always look like dusty rims to me, so gloss is better. To be honest though, Id personally leave them stock, and save up for a set of sportier looking rims in the future.
Yes, that is an option I gave my son, get 19" when the tires on these wear out. Personally I would leave them stock too but he is paying for most of the car and will be driving it, so his choice. I am 70, he is 26, not the same tastes, haha
Old 03-18-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ

That is mediocre skills? Damn. Then I have like negative photoshop skills.

And I agree. LED and VC and BO are worth it. It get a 2017 A4 instead of a 2018 without those.
You are very funy, VipinLJ. I have to say, I am in your league though.

Quick Reply: Help with Photoshopping Black wheels on A4