A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hit and Run

And the hits keep coming... literally. Went out for some drinks last night with a friend and was responsible and left my car where I was at and caught an Uber home. Ubered back to my car this morning and someone/something hit my car. I’m assuming some kind of construction vehicle? Yellow paint on side and jagged edges where whatever hit me, hit me.

I’ll be phoning my insurance when I get off work. In the meantime, does anyone have any idea what the hell could have done this damage? Or what kind of construction vehicle? Pictures attached... beyond devastated right now. 😢

Old 06-04-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

First off... I feel for you; experienced it first hand on a 2 month old car under 500 km. Sorry this happened. People...it is what it is. Wooooosaaaaa (Bad Boys 2). Find comfort that you'll get it fixed like brand new, with no sign that anything happened. Make sure when going through insurance it does not go against you in any way shape or form as they may use anything against you in the future to raise rates.

You are right, that it is weird how it got hit. In the area that you parked, any places that could potentially have a sit down with you to go through footage? Even if the incident isn't caught, maybe in/out footage of parking is available? Difficult to tell what kind of car / how it could have been done, Personally, I don't think it would be a huge car / metal bumpers as the paint is not scraped enough for that. My first damage was worse and it was just a family van. It's also pretty low on the car IMO, so I'd say you're not looking at a truck or high work van. The jagged piece may be a focal point of the car's bumper the came through?
Old 06-04-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I was parked in a diagonal parking spot along the side of the road next to a park. I looked around this AM for cameras and I don’t see where there could be any.

The only other thing I can think of is if someone had a metal trailer they were towing and they hit it trying to back out. In which case they may not have even realized they hit anything.. maybe something like this?