A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
So I was getting ready to go to bed and decided to check my email before I did; and wouldn't you know it, the very first email I saw was from Audi, letting me know that my car has gone into production.......
My production completion date was originally 28 April, with expected delivery sometime in June. So I am not sure if this means that my car will be completed sooner. I have asked someone to look into it and find out......if it really is gonna be done sooner, then I'm assuming I would be getting the car about 2-3 weeks sooner than originally expected......Sadly, I won't be home until 1st week of July....will need to decide if I want the car to sit at the dealer or chance my wife driving it home and leaving it in the garage.......

Received confirmation that my A4 will now be complete by 13 April, sweet....... So that's 15 days sooner than originally told.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Carrier vessel Pagna just arrived in Davisville at 6:04am this morning. (No I am not anxious... grin... love the marinetraffic.com site) Ordered 1/2/2017. 95 days and counting.... Expect delivery is still another 7-10 days days away.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4inPgh
Carrier vessel Pagna just arrived in Davisville at 6:04am this morning. (No I am not anxious... grin... love the marinetraffic.com site) Ordered 1/2/2017. 95 days and counting.... Expect delivery is still another 7-10 days days away.
How do you guys find out what ship the car is on and when it ships and docks?
Old 04-08-2017, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A4inPgh
I ordered mine on 1/15 and it's just being built this week. Hopefully it won't be sailing on the Cougar Ace.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Say what?

Never heard of such a thing but I am not surprised. Took 4 and half months to get my A4 and nearly walked away at the end from the way everything was handled.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
How do you guys find out what ship the car is on and when it ships and docks?
You can look up the shipping schedules here:

The PWL Group

In the 1st drop-down under "Liner Schedules" select a US destination, likely "USA Gulf". Then select the VW export option under the 2nd. The schedule should auto-open/download.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric_p
You can look up the shipping schedules here:

The PWL Group

In the 1st drop-down under "Liner Schedules" select a US destination, likely "USA Gulf". Then select the VW export option under the 2nd. The schedule should auto-open/download.
Schedule isn't always 100% accurate - so when I was close to shipping date I watched the port (EME) using Marinetraffic.com to see what ships were there and track recent departures. When I got notice the car was indeed "in transit" on a ship it was easy to figure out which one it was on.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking things shipped from Emden to Davisville.

I was told my order was shipped on the 5th, and the only ship I could find that was headed there, was not listed on the PWL group. So I'm not sure if I'm following the wrong ship or if they also contract to some other carriers as well.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm

I was told my order was shipped on the 5th, and the only ship I could find that was headed there, was not listed on the PWL group. So I'm not sure if I'm following the wrong ship or if they also contract to some other carriers as well.
They stop in Halifax first, then Davisville.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm

Here's an older schedule I downloaded when checking on mine. Maybe yours is the "Viking Adventure" or the "Viking Conquest". Do you have a Davisville port ETA? Compare that to what's on the schedule?

Last edited by eric_p; 04-09-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting