How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting - AudiWorld Forums



A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 130
Default How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Ok....so I am like the kid on christmas that can't wait to open the christmas gifts. I'm excited and anxious at the same time to get my new shiny toy....

Anyway, placed my order gave my deposit for my Premium + 11 days ago....I know it's probably too soon and I should just relax....but I would like to know from all of you that ordered the car, how long did you wait till you got your first email from the "Owner in Waiting Program" and how often did you get an email from them after that.........

What should I expect to see when I get the first email?

Thanks for helping out
Nuttz4Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SF bay area
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports View Post
Ok....so I am like the kid on christmas that can't wait to open the christmas gifts. I'm excited and anxious at the same time to get my new shiny toy....

Anyway, placed my order gave my deposit for my Premium + 11 days ago....I know it's probably too soon and I should just relax....but I would like to know from all of you that ordered the car, how long did you wait till you got your first email from the "Owner in Waiting Program" and how often did you get an email from them after that.........

What should I expect to see when I get the first email?

Thanks for helping out
First make sure that the dealer has signed you up for the 'owner in waiting program' as some of them do forget. I think there are only 4 status updates, Ordered, Build, European port, U.S. port.
Also the dealer would have given you a COMM# when you ordered. you can ask for the production date on this thread with the COMM#

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ivery-2895348/
samsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Strife1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsj View Post
First make sure that the dealer has signed you up for the 'owner in waiting program' as some of them do forget. I think there are only 4 status updates, Ordered, Build, European port, U.S. port.
Also the dealer would have given you a COMM# when you ordered. you can ask for the production date on this thread with the COMM#

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ivery-2895348/
+1
Strife1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsj View Post
First make sure that the dealer has signed you up for the 'owner in waiting program' as some of them do forget. I think there are only 4 status updates, Ordered, Build, European port, U.S. port.
Also the dealer would have given you a COMM# when you ordered. you can ask for the production date on this thread with the COMM#
Thanks for the info.....I did not receive a COMM#, I will need to email/contact him and see what he tells me. I have the receipt for the deposit and the build order, but nothing showing a COMM#
Nuttz4Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 130
Default

OK, so maybe I am paranoid, but I can't help but feeling like my salesman is lying to me. I can't stop feeling like I am dealing with a sleazy guy....First let me say, that I am deployed and have had to do all of the talking, negotiating and ordered via telephone and email.

So once we agreed on a price, I gave him the deposit, and even though he told me he would send me a receipt, he didn't. So when I called him the next day, he acted like he had sent it, but when I told him I didn't get it, he stated that he was off that day, but was heading in and would send it to me, but never got it. Then I sent him an email the next day again and asked him for the receipt and a copy of the order and confirmation that the car was ordered.....so he sent me a receipt, but no build order or confirmation that the car was ordered. So I sent him another email and clearly told him that I need proof that the car was ordered because the receipt didn't mean crap, especially if he was not working there any longer when my car was ready for pick up.

Finally, he sends me the build order, but still no confirmation that they have actually placed the order. So today, I send him an email asking for confirmation that he signed me up for owner in waiting and for the COMM# and he responded by telling me that their system was being updated today and that he would give me that info tomorrow.

Now, I have never been a car salesman, but I would suspect that a business would not be updating their system in the beginning part of the weekend, which is their busiest part of the week. Furthermore, as someone in the IT world, I know that system updates are typically done after hours, so that the workday is not lost. I can't imagine they would tell folks, "sorry, but we can't sell you a car today because our systems are being updated"

Does this sound funny to anyone else....maybe I should call them and ask to speak with the sales manager.
Nuttz4Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Strife1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 833
Default

Just relax, see If he gives it to you tomorrow. Selling Audi's isn't like selling a used Toyota.
Strife1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 12
Default

I placed order on Jan 2. Watched dealer enter it and got printout of COMM# right there. They said 2-3 weeks for the order to get "accepted". It wasn't accepted until 6+ weeks later (2/14) and locked for changes on 2/23.

Build is scheduled for 3/20 and my in hands ETA is around 4/15. So all in - 3 1/2 months. Not bad. I was assuming 4+ so I am happy - but I never got any emails from Audi. All this was from pestering dealer every week and demanding they send screen shots from ordering system.

Dealer swears I was signed up for automated updates but I never got anything.
A4inPgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3
Default

I placed my order on Dec 5th. I doubt that the dealer ever put me in the Audi order status system, as I've never received an email besides when I bug my salesman for an update.

My two updates were Jan 30th ("Your Audi A4 is scheduled to be built") and Feb 22nd ("Your car is in transit").

What made the wait more bearable was the information that SYMAWD provided. I know that my car made port in Rhode Island today (unless the Pagna dumped it over the side )

It's tough to be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4inPgh View Post
I placed order on Jan 2. Watched dealer enter it and got printout of COMM# right there. They said 2-3 weeks for the order to get "accepted". It wasn't accepted until 6+ weeks later (2/14) and locked for changes on 2/23.

Build is scheduled for 3/20 and my in hands ETA is around 4/15. So all in - 3 1/2 months. Not bad. I was assuming 4+ so I am happy - but I never got any emails from Audi. All this was from pestering dealer every week and demanding they send screen shots from ordering system.

Dealer swears I was signed up for automated updates but I never got anything.
MadCatRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #9
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 130
Default

[QUOTE= It's tough to be patient![/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement and maybe it would be a little easier if I had been able to be there and see him enter the order or if I didn't feel like I was being lied to.

As a military member, we are taught that integrity is vital and frankly bad news does not get better with time. So I would much rather the sale person be honest if they didn't do something, than make up some excuse.

I hate it when people say they will do something and then don't follow through. I get that things happen, but if they consistently do it and you have to hound them to get something done, then trust goes out the window.

Maybe I am expecting too much, but I place a higher value on customer service than anything else; so if they have the ability to be honest and forthright while being respectful, that would carry more weight than the bad news.

EDIT: Because I could not shake the feeling of being lied too and not getting confirmation that the car was actually ordered, I called the dealership and spoke with a sales manager. Well, I'm happy to report that after doing so, I received an email from the salesperson with a COMM#.

Last edited by Nuttz4Sports; 03-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Nuttz4Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #10
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Default My car

I placed my order at the dealership on January 13th. Got a confirmation of order acceptance from Audi on January 25th. Received a message on February 6th that my A4 was scheduled to be built. Then another on February 23rd that the car is complete and was on its way to Emden.
AidanHadley is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:41 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send