A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How to program windows down - with a key remote

Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It should be under Menu>Vehicle>Left Control Button> Vehicle Settings>Central Locking> Long Press to Open Windows.At least on US Spec cars.
No I don't have these in my menu. Central locking only "door drivers side or - all doors unlock"

So I toke out my OBD11 from the bag for a first time, initiated with the Pro code, bought some 100 credits.
Went through all the apps, and no one is working.Doors closed and the system ON no engine running.
Tried the needle swap ON, hit the green check mark, it was saying loading the code. I left the page, when I came back it was OFF again. Cycled couple times and won't remember the ON.
Same thing with couple other things, no one remembered change.
Not seeing anywhere in apps where can I look for the windows options.

Next, I will be looking for coding just me to figure where is that start in the program.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:35 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you talked to the dealer? My Canadian-spec A4 was showing the setting but as "Not available". Dealer looked at it, and I think they said that when they plugged it into the diagnostic system, something happened and magically it started to work...

Is yours a Technik? Progressiv?
Old 05-22-2017, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

The dealer sad that is a VagCom feature and is out of their reach but I can ask for third party company to help me out...haha, I was doing VCDS for ten years with my VW TDi but I sold that cable when the A4 arrived...
So I pulled my OBD11 plug out of the bag today for a first time,
activated the Pro ver, bought some 100 credits, plug it in the car, started browsing the Apps...
I have not seen any saying anything about doors/windows...
Also, made me a bit emotional...
I did changed the needle sweep feature, didn't worked. Changed some other random stuff nothing worked. The OBD11 app itself doesn't do nothing, didn't even remembered that a minute ago I changed the needle sweep from OFF to ON, when I visited back that one again it was again on OFF...
My wife's Van is in my garage over nite but tomorrow Im getting home earlier I will try to reinstall the OBD11 app if that may help...
Friday I left earlier from work, I went to the dealership to early change the oil, they didn't, audi doesn't allowing them to do before 15K, only if that 230 bucks would be my expense.
Then my son ended up in a hospital for a long weekend.
I visited him Saturday, somebody hit my car on that Parking. They don't have cameras covering exactly that spot. And I have the Thinkware 770 dashcam, but I screw up some setting a day earlier so no recorded image (or the camera is getting into a glitch because Im troubleshooting that now with blackboxmycar).
The OBD11 didn't do the job I was expecting..
kind of on the edge to get pissed for this last weekend

Last edited by bigHUN; 05-22-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:36 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigHUN
The dealer sad that is a VagCom feature and is out of their reach but I can ask for third party company to help me out...haha, I was doing VCDS for ten years with my VW TDi but I sold that cable when the A4 arrived...
It's not. It should be accessible in the menu location that another poster in this thread indicated...

My dealer originally was saying something similar until plugging it into their system magically fixed it.

The only exception I can think of, maybe, is if you have a Komfort or something...
Old 05-23-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

So, today I spent a bit more time with this OBD11, and magic...just spent 110 credits.
Still looking for option to lower the windows with the remote key.
I had brows through a couple of long coding option groups, but all have some long lists and have not seen anything familiar name ...
most likely I was searching in wrong places..
Old 05-24-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Today I've spent couple more credits and seem to me I have exhausted all the options available in apps page.
Now, my Q is still up for debate, I may miss the abbreviation but I have not seen anywhere in long coding anything mentioning lowering windows...
except if I would have some - advanced convenience key?

And this thread got 750 views so that means I may not be an isolated case/

Last edited by bigHUN; 05-24-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had it on my 2015 in the Car menu, but it got deleted when I went in for the coolant pump recall. F'ers... I do have a Vagcom and will see how to reactivate it.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:53 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this - does anyone with a Canadian-spec Komfort or U.S.-spec Premium have this feature?

(Sadly, I feel like most people on this forum probably have the up-level trims...)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yesterday I spent at least an hour browsing through most of the coding options one-by-one module, looking for any keyword mentioning word "windows" and could not see any.
This must be in a loaded program version.
My car was built Jan.2016 and even the MMI software number is very early 0061, I remember somewhere here in the B9 forum months ago people were talking about 0450 or 0560 version updates..
I will wait a week or so if any news surfaces and then start pushing the service to load any latest software.
Otherwise I am pretty happy how all in my car behaves.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A4 Komfort 2017 key fob window control

Originally Posted by bigHUN
Yesterday I spent at least an hour browsing through most of the coding options one-by-one module, looking for any keyword mentioning word "windows" and could not see any.
This must be in a loaded program version.
My car was built Jan.2016 and even the MMI software number is very early 0061, I remember somewhere here in the B9 forum months ago people were talking about 0450 or 0560 version updates..
I will wait a week or so if any news surfaces and then start pushing the service to load any latest software.
Otherwise I am pretty happy how all in my car behaves.
Hi, Have you made any progress on this? I've been looking into this key fob window open thing and talked with the dealer and a 3rd party shop several times. My dealer initially just refused to do it now they are saying it's not possible (they did it for me on an older A4) The 3rd party shop believes it's possible and tried once but then backed off when the dealer said it's not doable. I'm not convinced...dealer changed the story after they conferred with Audi Canada. ??

I have a 2017 A4 Komfort in Ottawa, Canada

Don W

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to program windows down - with a key remote