A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

I Really hope we get this in 4 doors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
The whole suspension is typically redone as well as the brake system. That being said, you might not be the demographic they are going for. They will all sell.
not to mention that a 125 lb-ft of torque increase and peak HP at a lower RPM sounds like a great capable 70K car, I wish people would not just look at a spec sheet and say that X has more horsepower than Y therefore X is superior.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
not to mention that a 125 lb-ft of torque increase and peak HP at a lower RPM sounds like a great capable 70K car, I wish people would not just look at a spec sheet and say that X has more horsepower than Y therefore X is superior.
I didnt say that horsepower is the only reason for X is more superior than Y.
I just want to know why it will be justifed to spend additional money from RS3, just to get similar performance? I bet RS3 is more fuel efficient too. Room size RS3 vs RS5 should not be huge different considering RS5 is coupe while RS3 is saloon. I doubt the engine sound will make huge difference either.

On top of that it will be wise to check factsheet before spending 70k for buying a car.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by msochemist
I didnt say that horsepower is the only reason for X is more superior than Y.
I just want to know why it will be justifed to spend additional money from RS3, just to get similar performance? I bet RS3 is more fuel efficient too. Room size RS3 vs RS5 should not be huge different considering RS5 is coupe while RS3 is saloon. I doubt the engine sound will make huge difference either.

On top of that it will be wise to check factsheet before spending 70k for buying a car.
Well for one the RS3 has never been offered in the US yes its coming this summer, and an RS4 is rumoured for that matter, but i think the A5 is way better looking than the A3 line and the interiors are so different and the A5 has a wider and longer wheelbase and is lower to the ground, making for a very different drive. Also your logic of comparing a sedan/wagon to a coupe doesn't really fit, and even if it did, the why not just get an A3 instead of an A5 Sportback questions would be pretty obvious. I dont thing that the same buyer would look at both if they're even pricing into the $70k+, I think the RS3 is still amazing (in hatchback flavor) but i think they will act like different cars, one more wild and crazy to drive and one born for a track day.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry, I really don't think we will see the RS5 Sportback. I could be wrong. Best choice right now is the S5 Sportback. We know that is coming.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Sorry, I really don't think we will see the RS5 Sportback. I could be wrong. Best choice right now is the S5 Sportback. We know that is coming.
i more meant an rs4 but if he happy with a sport back too. But that's never been made anywhere, this is rumored to be the first time (and given the rs7s success I think it may happen)
Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Mitchfin, were you hoping for something like an RS5 sedan?

Old 03-09-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like I stand corrected on the availability of an RS5 Sportback. Good news for everyone!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Looks like I stand corrected on the availability of an RS5 Sportback. Good news for everyone!
Don't believe everything you read. The latest public info from AoA is that there is no RS5 Sportback planned. But that could obviously change. That's only what is being told to the public at the present time.

Last edited by Vijay; 05-29-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by msochemist
100% agree on this.
Me too. But is this an almost zero possibility? Curious as to what the price would be.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

What VW is that in the the first few posts on this thread?

Quick Reply: I Really hope we get this in 4 doors.