A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Icon of a green foot under MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will appear when approaching a reduced speed zone.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMLVNV
How would the computer know I am coming up to a stop or lower speed? It was when I was going about 45 mph.
From the navigation map data and your current location. It also comes up if there is a decline ahead, basically any opportunity it sees to save fuel by letting off the throttle. Later it will integrate with vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communication, so that way for example it knows if the traffic light ahead is red or green and can inform you to start slowing down to not unnecessarily wait at the light. That will take a while, though. So far only Las Vegas has the beginnings of the necessary infrastructure.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-16-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting as every time I've seen the symbol, it has been on a slight incline, and not in a reduced speed zone. It is always on one road near my home, and never anything of importance. I can't figure it out!
Old 06-17-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

This might explain it a bit more. the videos should demonstrate the various scenarios. With the driver assistance display turned on in the VC it should also tell why it is suggesting you take your foot off the throttle.

https://www.audi-technology-portal.d...y-assistant-en
Old 06-17-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It seems pretty random when it appears, on the same road and the same speed, it sometimes appears and other times it doesn't!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on how this "predictive" assistant icon actually works? It doesn't seem to correlate with speed limit changes, me speeding, upcoming traffic or anything else I can figure out.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My A4 is just a Season of Audi edition which I guess falls btwn a premium and premium + and I've seen the green lift foot from accelerator symbol from day one. I live at the top of a pretty steep hill and as I leave the house, no matter which of the 4 ways I choose I will have to come to a T intersection where I will have to turn left or right and if I lift my foot from the accelerator when it comes on I can easily coast to the stop sign. So I guess it's an efficiency thing.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It always comes on in the same areas for me, and always when I'm going downhill and have my foot completely off of the accelerator. I also see it when driving into sharp turns, and if I have ACC turned on, it will actually slow the car down.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
It seems pretty random when it appears, on the same road and the same speed, it sometimes appears and other times it doesn't!
My car doesn’t have ACC and around where I live, there are no inclines. I always get it at areas where the speed limit suddenly decreases by 10mph. If it reduces by 5mph I don’t get that sign. Anything more than 10mph and it does pop up without fail especially since I’m usually doing 5-10 above the speed limit.
Even in my SQ5 I get the green symbol at the same areas my A4 gets it.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
.... The computer knows that you are coming up to....a lower speed limit....
My experience over the last 10 years with Audi NAV tells me that it only sometimes knows what the speed limit is. I am more than rarely in a situation where I see a 45 mph sign at road side while the NAV display shows 55 mph. I lease my cars so they are never older than 3 years and the last one was turned in 3 months early, yet from day one on that car the NAV frequently showed speed limits differing from what they were in the real world. I am talking major and sort of major roads, not 2-lane blacktops in the boonies.

Quick Reply: Icon of a green foot under MPH?