A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Joining the Audi ranks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

One other thing, make sure the bump stops are properly seated in the rear of the vehicle. This seems to be a common occurrence that is overlooked at delivery. The yellow stop should be firmly seated up into the silver housing. They tend to fall out when the shipping blocks/shims are removed. This is what it SHOULD NOT look like:

This is what it SHOULD look like.

Last edited by golddogs; 03-21-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by golddogs
One other thing, make sure the bump stops are properly seated in the rear of the vehicle. This seems to be a common occurrence that is overlooked at delivery. The yellow stop should be firmly seated up into the silver housing. They tend to fall out when the shipping blocks/shims are removed. This is what it SHOULD NOT look like:

This is what it SHOULD look like.
Thanks for all your intel...I will print this out and bring it with me Saturday when I pick up the car..much appreciated.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Flyguy, sent you a PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
I've recently become quite impressed with Mazda. My brother in law is leasing the 2019 Mazda 3 sport - the interior refinement is honestly amazing at that price. It's also a pretty quiet cabin. The ride is plush but agile.
The Mazda 6, once it brings forth the new interior (from Mazda 3) will look more premium than it already is compared to other brands it competes against. Coupled with that 2.5T and adding an all wheel drive system, it will make things quite interesting.
Infotainment wise - going forward they are ditching the touch display and going with rotary and pivoting navigation and buttons, very similar to our A4s. This is a great move IMO.
Same thing about the CX5. My next car will probably be an SUV and the CX5 with the 2.5T all wheel drive (250HP 300 lbs tq) decked out is about $15K less than a Q5 equipped to the same level.
Mazda is definitely on the upswing right now. I took a long look a the 6 at the car show in January. I didn't like the interior at all and it definitely will need the update from the 3. Exterior the car looks very nice.
The CX5 is killing it also. I like the MMI and I'm not a huge fan of touch screens. I find them more distracting, not to mention all my fingerprints from the Chik Fil A ....
Old 03-21-2019, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by golddogs
Flyguy, sent you a PM.
Responded...thank you!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyguy31
Mazda is definitely on the upswing right now. I took a long look a the 6 at the car show in January. I didn't like the interior at all and it definitely will need the update from the 3. Exterior the car looks very nice.
The CX5 is killing it also. I like the MMI and I'm not a huge fan of touch screens. I find them more distracting, not to mention all my fingerprints from the Chik Fil A ....
My sister has the 2017 CX5 and her stepson just got the 2019. They both rave about it and the interior is well done. Certainly a CUV to consider.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
...There are some A4 paint/clear coat issues that manifest themselves in a major way with Manhattan Grey cars. Ask me how I know. There is a thread on this board about that....
I have Manhattan Gray so I am interested in the issues you mentioned. I tried searching this forum but could not find anything. Can you point out what the issues are? I have noticed that there are minor swirls on the front hood even though I have never taken the car to a car wash. Beyond that, the finish looks too thick or "coated." It is a lease, so I am not too worried, but curious anyway. I wanted Daytona or Monsoon, but the dealer only had Manhattan with the Sport Package (which I wanted). Now that I have the car I find the sport seats don't work for me and wish I had gotten a regular non-sport P+. The black wheels never look clean as well. Live and learn - it is only 28 months until the next one - lol
Old 03-21-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I test drove the Q5 with sport seats and hated them. Getting in the car, it dug right into my crotch...wasn't a great feeling, let me tell you. That initial bolstering on the seat just seems to come up too high for me..I'm short, so it just didn't work. I really wanted ventilated seats, but having them packaged with the sport seats was the reason I had to pass. I love Daytona Grey, but it's only on the Black Optics and I hate the black coated wheels. I like the optional sport wheels, but they come with summer tires and I really need all season..not too mention the harsher ride. I wish they offered Daytona is PP also. But I'm ok with the Silver...looks sharp and stays "clean".

Last edited by Flyguy31; 03-21-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

irensesbob -- I remember you from the C7 A6 board. I picked up an /18 A4 pretty much same as yours for my wife. Here's the thread about paint.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ng-up-2968197/
Old 03-21-2019, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Acuransx
irensesbob -- I remember you from the C7 A6 board. I picked up an /18 A4 pretty much same as yours for my wife. Here's the thread about paint.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ng-up-2968197/

I am most likely going to invest in a clear bra for the hood and quarter panels to help protect my investment. I don’t lease so I think it’s worth it.

Quick Reply: Joining the Audi ranks.