A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Looking at a 2017 A4

Old 02-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a 2017 A4

Hi all,

I'm in the market for my first Audi (coming from e46 BMW). I don't have a lot of knowledge about Audi's. I've been researching religiously, but I wanted to get your opinion on these options I've found. This is my main option:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=226988535
Its a little high in miles, which is obviously a concern. This one is fully loaded with (what I believe) all packages. I decided on the prestige because I've heard good things about Audi's virtual cockpit, and me being a tech-oriented guy, I thought I would enjoy it. I would really appreciate your thought on an Audi with this many miles. Attached is the carfax for this vehicle.
My second option is:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=232621923
As this one does not have the prestige add-ons, but it does seem to have the same sport, sound, and weather packages.

I really enjoy seeing your opinions on these and any information you can give me when looking at used Audi's (Online and when I get to the dealer.)

Thank you,
Sean
Old 02-28-2019, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would avoid both cars. The mileage on them is just too high. I would advise you to keep looking for a good deal on a car that has been used a whole lot less.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the response! Yea, that was my worry as well. I've heard Audi has gotten near Honda levels of reliability, so I thought I would check others opinions. my budget is 20-30k and with this particular Audi being so new, their arent a lot to choose from in my area. Judging by your profile pic, would you say its worth waiting for the 2017 or would I be better off looking at 15/16? I'm also keeping my eye on the 2019 VW GLI, which is supposed to release in the spring. quote from the CEO "were seeling Audi for VW prices" so that might be the way to go till I get a little further in my career.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If it were me, I would wait for a lower mileage trade in or lease turn in at a good price. Sedan sales are down, it’s going to push prices down. With a little luck you might be able to find a cream puff A4 with a lot less miles on it for not a whole lot more money.

Audi reliability IS way up, but those cars have had a lot of use in s relatively short period of time. Repairs out of warranty on an Audi can be very, very expensive, keep that in mind.

Last edited by Dave W; 02-28-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gotcha, so what you're saying is that there is a good bit of negotiating in sedans rn? I'm a few months away till I'm fully ready to get a new car, (even though I'm so eager) so I'll have some time to find the perfect one.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Aside from the high mileage, neither of those have the adaptive cruise nor the warm weather package (ventilated seats).
Old 03-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh ok, adaptive cruise seems like a nice feature, but the warm weather package kinda seems like a scam lol. When you have a cooled seat option, the ventilation doesn't really seem to help much from what I've read. Haven't experienced it myself though. Obviously, you have it, so would you say that the warm weather package is worth the money?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I haven't heard a single person on this forum that didn't highly regard the ventilated seats. FYI, Audi ventilated seats pulls away hot air from your body rather than pushing air out from the seats. It is more comfortable in long-term driving.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gotcha, I could def see how that would be nice with leather seats. It's a little hard to find an Audi with all packages in the 20k miles range. There are only 4 prestiges in my area. The 2 I referenced and then 2 with lower miles, but they dont have any extra packages, just a base prestige.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

The 2017 A4 began selling around March/April 2016. Three year lease returns should begin appearing in a few months. My suggestion is to wait a bit unless the perfect car comes along.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at a 2017 A4