A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...

Hi Folks,

I somehow, not sure where when if ever, lost not received who knows, the little plastic scratch off code with the 10 digit MMI ID #!
Is there any way, there must be !?, to get another code from somewhere so I can register as the Key User in my new Audi A4?
Thanks for any help or suggestions...
Old 02-22-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A new scratch off code has to be ordered from Germany. Happened to me when my salesman threw away the code tag by accident. Once the dealer receives the new code tag (via Fedex) we had to call Audi assistance and they somehow deleted the old code and got the car to accept the new key user code.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-22-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Buried deep in the screens at https://my.audi.com is a place to replace a lost PIN. My scratch-off code is just the last 7 characters of the VIN.

Last edited by Dan in St. Louis; 02-22-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: further detail
The following users liked this post:
ticman31 (02-15-2021)
Old 02-22-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
A new scratch off code has to be ordered from Germany. Happened to me when my salesman threw away the code tag by accident. Once the dealer receives the new code tag (via Fedex) we had to call Audi assistance and they somehow deleted the old code and got the car to accept the new key user code.
My sales person never gave me the code. He setup the myAudi and Audi connect account for me with temporary password. Do I have to have the Code for the future?
Old 02-22-2017, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wasn't aware that a temporary code could be used. I'm pretty sure that the code on the plastic tag needs to be used if you want to change the key user such as selling the car to someone. I'd check with Audi to see if the code is needed if you wish to continue with Audi connect after the six month trial. The whole process of getting the new tag took five days getting the tag from germany plus two hours at the dealership to get the new tag code up and running.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Buried deep in the screens at https://my.audi.com is a place to replace a lost PIN. My scratch-off code is just the last 7 characters of the VIN.

I believe this is just for the 8 digit PIN. I need the 10 digit scratch off code on the plastic tag that came with the vehicle.
Thanks for checking anyway !
Old 02-22-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis

The code is on your tag that has the last 7 of your VIN, but the code is not your VIN, it is under the scratch off portion.

The PIN that you setup in your image is for the app, not the key user.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just copy and pasted this from the Audi website. Read the last paragraph. You need to get your contract along with the scatch off number verified before you can activate audi connect. Your going to need that new scratch off number from Germany then go into the dealer and let the salesman fill out the contract info. Then he will submit it to Audi for activation. Looks like a real PITA.

After completing the contract, you can:

Use (additional) security-sensitive Audi connect services
Manage your own privileges per vehicle
Define additional users for the security-sensitive Audi connect services of your vehicle
The process is very easy and intuitive.
This is how it works:

Enter your personal information and agree to the general terms & conditions and the data privacy policy. Print your key user contract and contact your dealer. Your Audi partner will then verify your myAudi Account by using your contract number as a one-off process. This will enable you to assign yourself as key user of vehicles.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
I just copy and pasted this from the Audi website. Read the last paragraph. You need to get your contract along with the scatch off number verified before you can activate audi connect. Your going to need that new scratch off number from Germany then go into the dealer and let the salesman fill out the contract info. Then he will submit it to Audi for activation. Looks like a real PITA.

After completing the contract, you can:

Use (additional) security-sensitive Audi connect services
Manage your own privileges per vehicle
Define additional users for the security-sensitive Audi connect services of your vehicle
The process is very easy and intuitive.
This is how it works:

Enter your personal information and agree to the general terms & conditions and the data privacy policy. Print your key user contract and contact your dealer. Your Audi partner will then verify your myAudi Account by using your contract number as a one-off process. This will enable you to assign yourself as key user of vehicles.
You still need the 10 digit code. The key user contract is what allows the 10 digit code to work.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's what I'm saying. The ten digit code, the contract and the vin have to all be tied together to activate audi connect.

i think the Op was under the impression that if he just had the 10 digit code he could become the key user and he'd be up and running. He needs all three parts to use audi connect.

Quick Reply: Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...