A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Love Hate Relationship

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
I don't think anybody on this thread is advocating not wearing seat belts.
I did not say or imply otherwise.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
If you had an option to have the pre-sense, would you hesitate to get it or do you still think it's worth it?

I've decided to wait for a 18' model and I'm always changing my mind if I want to spend an extra 2 grand for the Advanced Driver Assistance Package.
I don't think there's a choice; pre sense city is standard on the A4. That being said, I'm glad that I have it in spite of the false alarms. It's nice to have that safety net in case I briefly take my eyes off the road to check mirrors or look at the MMI screen.

As for the driver assistance package, I would absolutely get it if you're uncertain. My only regret in buying the A4 is that I didn't step up to the Prestige and get that package, primarily for adaptive cruise control.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the replies you guys, but in Canada, pre sense city isn't standard. We only have pre sense rear and that's it. So getting the ADAP would get the pre sense city.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wear my seat belt. I just prefer to start the car (and let the retracted side mirrors un-retract) while I put them on. As a penalty for doing it in that order I get to hear the piercing seat belt chime.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
Thanks for the replies you guys, but in Canada, pre sense city isn't standard. We only have pre sense rear and that's it. So getting the ADAP would get the pre sense city.
The Pre Sense is worth it if you do a lot of driving in a City or in traffic. I have had two false alarms and one real one. The false alarms were both in parking lots where I was backing out of a space and the Pre Sense picked up the corner of the car next to me and engaged the breaks. Kind of startling, but good to know it is working. The real one was the second day I had the car and was at an intersection in an unfamiliar residential neighborhood where I had a stop sign, but cross traffic does not. It is a blind curve on the cross street and I honestly didn't see the oncoming car. I pulled away from the stop and the the A4 "saw" the car and brought me to a jolting stop. I didn't really realize what was happening until the other car passed safely. The system is good and I am a believer.

I don't have DAP on my A4, but we just picked up a new Q7 for my wife which has it and it is really great. The ACC with Lane assist and traffic jam assistant all engaged work really well. It's no Tesla system, but the next best thing. Had I known how well it works when I got my A4, it would have been a must. Every time I drive to work, I wish I had it! In my opinion, it is worth the 2k.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I really like my car, and yes it's getting close to a year. I still wish Audi would do over the air firmware updates and keep updating the tech. Sometimes I feel like the tech is starting to fall behind. But still, I love driving my A4. It is my first choice out of the garage. I got to drive it to the beach in our first weather in the 80's to pick,up my grandson. Was a perfect drive with the car and with my grandson.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

The other thing I hate is the center console and the way the thing lifts up and the to adjust it or close it, you have to open it all the way up again before putting it down. Whoever designed that should be fired.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by steelersmb
The other thing I hate is the center console and the way the thing lifts up and the to adjust it or close it, you have to open it all the way up again before putting it down. Whoever designed that should be fired.
Once I figured out how that works, it was easy for me to do what I want with it. I actually think it's a great feature to be able to lift it halfway up and rest my arm on it.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Once I figured out how that works, it was easy for me to do what I want with it. I actually think it's a great feature to be able to lift it halfway up and rest my arm on it.
Yeah, but it could have been designed better.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by steelersmb
Yeah, but it could have been designed better.
Well, you wouldn't want it to release if you lifted it just one or two notches higher. Like most similar mechanisms, all the way open is the only logical place to reset the latch.

Quick Reply: Love Hate Relationship