A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

MMI displays previous song

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI displays previous song

hi all,

was just wondering if angbody else has this issue. When playing music via usb, wrong song is often shown. It happens after the first song is played, always gets stuck on that song. After that, usually catches up to the correct track, but few tracks later the issue returns. Pretty annoying seeing incorrect track displayed. I am using iPhone X with Apple Music, issue is present on Spotify too.

Anynody else have thus issue?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivan Gromov
hi all,

was just wondering if angbody else has this issue. When playing music via usb, wrong song is often shown. It happens after the first song is played, always gets stuck on that song. After that, usually catches up to the correct track, but few tracks later the issue returns. Pretty annoying seeing incorrect track displayed. I am using iPhone X with Apple Music, issue is present on Spotify too.

Anynody else have thus issue?
I also have an iPhone X and have had several issues with listening to music both via USB and Bluetooth. Sometimes it gets stuck displaying the same song through multiple tracks, sometimes the time counter doesn’t move or is inaccurate, and scrolling through songs in a playlist works maybe half of the time when on USB and barely ever on Bluetooth. When I can scroll through tracks and try to pick one when on Bluetooth it doesn’t select it and just jumps back to the currently playing song. It did the same thing, although not as bad, with my iPhone 7. I’m not sure if it’s a car (MMI) or iOS issue. The COMAND system in my Benz occasionally glitched when displaying song information as well, but not as often as MMI. Sometimes I’ll switch to radio and then back to media and that fixes it. I’ve just had to learn to live with it, but if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated I don’t use CarPlay because the system without a touchscreen is not as intuitive and I think the interface is frankly ugly and prefer the MMI interface greatly.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

It’s iOS11. I don’t plug in my iPhone, but I listen over bluetooth, and ever since upgrading to iOS11 it has various issues:

1) while playing a song, it will keep flashing between the list of songs and the artwork screen as if I am moving the MMI dial, but I haven’t touched the dial
2) it will not update the display to the current song, and the only way I can get it to fix itself is to reset the MMI or restart the car.
3) sometimes it will seem to have lost the list of music and shows only the current song existing on my iPhone — sometimes this will fix itself on its own or I can reset the MMI to fix it.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine has developed an issue over Bluetooth where it says it's connected to my iPhone but can't control it via MMI. Have to select playlist and skip songs via the iPhone itself. MMI only shows connected. Used to work fine??
Old 03-19-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have this issue in my 2018 S5 using the USB connection (MMI v0918). The album art is usually wrong (previous track, if anything at all), and it often doesn't update properly between tracks.

Carplay typically just shows 'Unknown' for Title/Artist/Album' in the virtual cockpit display which is even worse.

Bluetooth seems to perform the best for me. The only issue I have with the display while using BT is occasionally the track info will reduce to the 'one line' summary instead of staying on the full 'Now Playing' screen. I then have to press the MMI button to go back to the full 'Now Playing' display.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Eric5273
It’s iOS11. I don’t plug in my iPhone, but I listen over bluetooth, and ever since upgrading to iOS11 it has various issues:

1) while playing a song, it will keep flashing between the list of songs and the artwork screen as if I am moving the MMI dial, but I haven’t touched the dial
2) it will not update the display to the current song, and the only way I can get it to fix itself is to reset the MMI or restart the car.
3) sometimes it will seem to have lost the list of music and shows only the current song existing on my iPhone — sometimes this will fix itself on its own or I can reset the MMI to fix it.
my car is doing exactly the same as yours. I’m using iPhone 7 over bluetooth.
Have you found a solution?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

I use an iPhone X in my 2018 S4 and run into the issue via USB when in "Media" mode (I do NOT have CarPlay enabled).. I find that disabling Gracenote in the MMI leads to less issues with the text and cover art updating. I also find that sometimes starting the track from the beginning will correct it.. It happens frequently enough to be annoying. I've never tried Bluetooth streaming in the car, so cant speak as to whether it happens there as well.

I've also found some apps are more picky than others.. Spotify would cause it very often -- found that turning off gapless playback in there and turning off crossfade helped there - but didnt eliminate it.

Last edited by RickNY; 03-29-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue. Can’t select songs on a playlist through the MMI. It makes listening over Bluetooth unusable. 2018 a5.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same for me. Have the 2016 A4 and using Oneplus 6 (Android) using bluetooth, every single time the first track info shows properly, but then when track changes, the info stays same (only track length changes). Not once have I seen album art nor playlist itself.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m having the same issues with my iphone7. It doesn’t seem to happen as much or at all with my wife’s iPhone 8.

Quick Reply: MMI displays previous song