A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

MMI not playing music from any source. Tried restarting MMI. Video linked.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI not playing music from any source. Tried restarting MMI. Video linked.

Hey all, new to these forums but I’m at a total loss and have no one left to turn to unless I wannabe spend money with my extended warranty.

I have a 2017 Audi A4 and today when I got in my car after going to the gym the MMI will not play music from any source. I’ve tried radio, Bluetooth, AUX, and CarPlay via USB. The car seems to not detect a signal as it won’t allow my to turn up the volume for “entertainment”. I fear it may be the Amplifier with the Bang & Olufsen system.

Phone calls however will work from Bluetooth and car play and speech dialogue will as well.

Here is is a link of what it looks like where you can see that the volume won’t turn up with the radio playing in the background, via car play and Bluetooth I can also see the time counting down on the song playing and still can’t turn up the entertainment volume.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ksbY013

Ive tried the MMI rest y clicking up on the two buttons and down on the scroll wheels multiple times. I’ve let the car sit for hours and it still won’t work.

If if anyone else has experienced this and has a fix or solution I would appreciate it!!!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I have had this happen a couple times over the past (almost) 3 years. I have found that when you are trying to listen to 101.3 FM, this is exactly what happens......jk.

I dont remember what I did to fix it but, like you, I reset the MMI multiple times. Have you tried connecting your phone for AA/Carplay and seeing if that works?
Old 06-17-2019, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I have had this happen a couple times over the past (almost) 3 years. I have found that when you are trying to listen to 101.3 FM, this is exactly what happens......jk.

I dont remember what I did to fix it but, like you, I reset the MMI multiple times. Have you tried connecting your phone for AA/Carplay and seeing if that works?

I’ve tried car play and Bluetooth as well as AUX multiple times as well as radio hopefully this morning things will have magically fixed themselves? Ugh. So frustrating!!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by a4_driver
I’ve tried car play and Bluetooth as well as AUX multiple times as well as radio hopefully this morning things will have magically fixed themselves? Ugh. So frustrating!!
That is frustrating. I hope you get it worked out. That being said, are you within warranty? Can you bring it in to your local dealership for them to look it over?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by HyperS4
That is frustrating. I hope you get it worked out. That being said, are you within warranty? Can you bring it in to your local dealership for them to look it over?
I’m out of my limited warranty but have a Comprehensive 3rd party warranty, either way it will be worked out just am frustrated I’ll need to spend $100 deductible.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is it that you are out of warranty on a 2017?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh never mind I am not at my best today.! Mileage.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Unplug all devices from MMI and restart them with no cabled plugged in. For any bluetooth connections, delete Audi from their memory, and delete the devices from your Audi. Restart the MMI. Plug back in and give it a go. I would suspect that it works. That's what I was forced to do with my phone and an iPod at one point. A bit of a pain and annoying, but at the end of the day, these are all still computers, and cached information can always do wonky sh*t.

Really hope that helps!