A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Old 06-23-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 647 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
Hmm, maybe there’s a bigger issue and my issues are coincidental?

Anyone else having issues connecting to their Audi via the MyAudi app?
I have no clue what's going on. Even my satellite maps aren't staying every time I start up the car (I have to go into the menus and switch it from standard to satellite almost every time). It seems like I have a bad myAudi Connect...connection. I just deleted/unpaired my original pin and user name and redid it in MMI...also deleted my profile on the app. Everything is back to working again but who knows for how long. I'm running MMI version 1316...not sure if there's a newer software release or not but if I keep having problems I'm going to bring it in to get checked out.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I have no clue what's going on. Even my satellite maps aren't staying every time I start up the car (I have to go into the menus and switch it from standard to satellite almost every time). It seems like I have a bad myAudi Connect...connection. I just deleted/unpaired my original pin and user name and redid it in MMI...also deleted my profile on the app. Everything is back to working again but who knows for how long. I'm running MMI version 1316...not sure if there's a newer software release or not but if I keep having problems I'm going to bring it in to get checked out.
Ha! That’s happening to me too and that started at the same time my Connect issues started.

How’d you delete the app profile? I only have the option to edit profile or delete account in the MyAudi app. I logged out of the app and back in but no luck.

MMI 1316 here too.

Update: seems others are having similar issues based on the new iOS App Store reviews of 3.11.0.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 06-23-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ha! That’s happening to me too and that started at the same time my Connect issues started.

How’d you delete the app profile? I only have the option to edit profile or delete account in the MyAudi app. I logged out of the app and back in but no luck.

MMI 1316 here too.

Update: seems others are having similar issues based on the new iOS App Store reviews of 3.11.0.
Unfortunately for the app I had to delete my account and re-register. Same with MMI, I did a factory reset and had to redo all my settings and set up Connect again like it was new.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately for the app I had to delete my account and re-register. Same with MMI, I did a factory reset and had to redo all my settings and set up Connect again like it was new.
I did the factory reset earlier today and no luck. Perhaps I’ll try deleting My Audi app account.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I did the factory reset earlier today and no luck. Perhaps I’ll try deleting My Audi app account.
One change I did make when I downloaded the app again was switching location services to "always" (comes default as "only when using"). Assuming you're using an iPhone you could try this. It will probably not for me right after posting this lol but it's been working every time for 24 hours now.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

One change I did make when I downloaded the app again was switching location services to "always" (comes default as "only when using"). Assuming you're using an iPhone you could try this. It will probably not for me right after posting this lol but it's been working every time for 24 hours now.
Regarding deleting your MyAudi app account/profile, did you reregister with the same email address?
Old 06-24-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Regarding deleting your MyAudi app account/profile, did you reregister with the same email address?
Yup. I just set it up with the same email and pin that you get when purchasing the vehicle.

Since doing it and changing the the privacy settings on my iPhone to "always" allow, I haven't had a single failed unlock/lock or connection to the car. Fingers crossed!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yup. I just set it up with the same email and pin that you get when purchasing the vehicle.

Since doing it and changing the the privacy settings on my iPhone to "always" allow, I haven't had a single failed unlock/lock or connection to the car. Fingers crossed!
Not sure we’re talking about the same thing - I’m referring to the account used to login to the MyAudi app on the iPhone - it uses an email address and password (not pin). Not the Audi Connect key user account that uses the pin.

I deleted my account used in the MyAudi app (on my iPhone) and reregistered in the MyAudi app using the same email address as before and now I can’t even login to the app. 🤬

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 06-24-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not sure we’re talking about the same thing - I’m referring to the account used to login to the MyAudi app on the iPhone - it uses an email address and password (not pin). Not the Audi Connect key user account that uses the pin.

I deleted my account used in the MyAudi app (on my iPhone) and reregistered in the MyAudi app using the same email address as before and now I can’t even login to the app. 🤬
Oh my apologies, I thought you were referring to logging back in to Audi Connect in MMI. When I deleted my iPhone myAudi app and re-registered I used my same email and it asked me to create a new password (I've actually done this a few times since I used to own a 2018 S5 Coupe (now a 2019 S4). Never had a problem using the same email address.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh my apologies, I thought you were referring to logging back in to Audi Connect in MMI. When I deleted my iPhone myAudi app and re-registered I used my same email and it asked me to create a new password (I've actually done this a few times since I used to own a 2018 S5 Coupe (now a 2019 S4). Never had a problem using the same email address.
No worries man! I called MyAudi support tonight and they have an outage notification before you’re assigned a support tech so there is an issue at the moment but they seem to think it shouldn’t be causing the login issue I’m having.

Perhaps once they resolve the outage, my issue will be resolved.

If if I could ask, are you US based or in another country? Wondering if you’re using a different MyAudi infrastructure region than I am since it’s working for you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mobile App?