A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

My 2018 A4 arrived yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Yah would be nice if they had an option to get up to 300hp with say the sports package and they should push the S4 more to 375-400 hp.

Stupid you can't get ventilated. You can get them on the S4. Audi USA is just ridiculous with their choices..so bad.

I agree with some that the S4 needs to have a bit more HP to push it further up & for the $$

Regarding a tune, which direction are you planning on going and are you worried about the warranty/risk?
I agree with you on the engine options, or if the S4 is going to be the competitor to the 340i then it needs to have a manual trans option and they need to bring the RS4 sedan back to compete with the M3.

Yeah even on the S4 to get ventilated you need to go with a specific seat, cant get the sexy diamond stitched ones. Yeah, I wish Audi offered more a la carte options like they do in Europe.

No plans right now to tune because of the warranty. Prob will do it when the warranty runs out. I had APR on my B5 and was happy so would prob go that route again.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GFL
Any particular reason for avoiding a piggyback module? Also, checking the APR site, I could only find that the B9 tune was for "S Tronic" models. Appreciate any information you would be able to provide.
Just personal comfort, not really based on anything specific. Had good luck with APR in the past and like how they "tune" all aspects, not just boost. Not to mention they have lots of experience with Audi/VW. Give APR a call, I believe you will find their B9 tune supports manual trans they just need your ECU box code to determine if your car is compatible. If you have a VAG tool or live close to a shop it is easy to get. APR - Locating the the ECU Box Code and Revision
Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 PM
GFL
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you- will call and let you know what I find out. Mine is on order- silver, similarly spec'd to yours only that I opted for the black gloss 18" wheels. I'll have until almost Halloween to wait apparently- keeping mine mostly stock as well due to warranty concerns. An AWE Touring Exhaust system won't be too far in the future after taking delivery.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GFL
Thank you- will call and let you know what I find out. Mine is on order- silver, similarly spec'd to yours only that I opted for the black gloss 18" wheels. I'll have until almost Halloween to wait apparently- keeping mine mostly stock as well due to warranty concerns. An AWE Touring Exhaust system won't be too far in the future after taking delivery.
Yah that exhaust sounds good...watched some videos and you get a slight HP increase also.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Beautiful car.

End of April order with early July delivery was quick. Congrats!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I factory ordered my 2018 A4 Prestige in monsoon gray on April 28 and it took delivery on Saturday, July 8. I am really loving this A4. It is great and exceeds my expectations and it is a vast improvement over the B8 (with which I was very satisfied).
Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Beautiful car.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome car - enjoy.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:03 PM
GFL
Audiworld Junior Member

As a follow quick follow up, I contacted APR earlier today. They confirmed that their tune for the B9 A4 is only for the S Tronic transmission. This statement was followed by a comment that APR may develop a tune for the MT in the future if the demand for the product makes it cost effective, citing that sales numbers for manual A4s in the US are considerably lower than automatic transmissions.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GFL
As a follow quick follow up, I contacted APR earlier today. They confirmed that their tune for the B9 A4 is only for the S Tronic transmission. This statement was followed by a comment that APR may develop a tune for the MT in the future if the demand for the product makes it cost effective, citing that sales numbers for manual A4s in the US are considerably lower than automatic transmissions.
Interesting... good to know.

Quick Reply: My 2018 A4 arrived yesterday