A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

MY19 A4 Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY19 A4 Canada

On the RFD in the Audi thread, I asked a well known Sales Manager if there are changes to MY19 A4 (canada) and he said there are no changes or any updates to packages.
Apparently the A5/S5 will get the Black package (black optics in the US)

I guess if there are any Canadians browsing here, you should still get MY18 since it will be the same
Order guides coming next month
Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
I guess if there are any Canadians browsing here, you should still get MY18 since it will be the same
Order guides coming next month
So... are they still taking orders for Canadian-spec 2018s? I presume they're not taking 2019 orders if the order guides aren't out...

I worry about this for my own lease end in 2 years - lease ends early July 2020, I'd like to custom order another car, most likely MY2021s won't hit by then, will I be able to get a late order MY2020?
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VM
So... are they still taking orders for Canadian-spec 2018s? I presume they're not taking 2019 orders if the order guides aren't out...

I worry about this for my own lease end in 2 years - lease ends early July 2020, I'd like to custom order another car, most likely MY2021s won't hit by then, will I be able to get a late order MY2020?
That's a good question, from the looks of it I think you can still order 2018 like you said since 2019 order guides are not out yet.
For the MY2018 I believe the order guide came out earlier than this year. Maybe everyone year is diff.
Still going for another A4 in the future?
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Still going for another A4 in the future?
Hard to say - I might be tempted by a Q5 too. (except you can't get a blue Q5 without the evil evil evil evil S-Line package, I think...) Or I think I'd absolutely love the A6, but my wallet wouldn't.

I suppose I might theoretically go to another brand too, but I've been quite pleased with this A4 so far. Not sure what I'd rather have instead - certainly, if the car got totalled tomorrow, I don't think any other brand is offering something in that price/size point that would tempt me instead...
Old 05-17-2018, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VM
Hard to say - I might be tempted by a Q5 too. (except you can't get a blue Q5 without the evil evil evil evil S-Line package, I think...) Or I think I'd absolutely love the A6, but my wallet wouldn't.

I suppose I might theoretically go to another brand too, but I've been quite pleased with this A4 so far. Not sure what I'd rather have instead - certainly, if the car got totalled tomorrow, I don't think any other brand is offering something in that price/size point that would tempt me instead...
Yup - I know your hate for s-line and black headliner lol
Quite agree with you as to how pleased I am with the A4. If they had the digital dash right for the C-Class I would of chosen that instead of the A4...2019 C-Class has it now
Hopefully by then 2020/2021 some refresh comes out for the A4, would love to see the center screen be at least 10"+ instead of 8.3
Old 05-17-2018, 03:53 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yup - I know your hate for s-line and black headliner lol
It's not just the black headliner, it's also the lowered sports suspension (but I'm not sure S-Line on the Q5 has that... and really, a lowered Q5 wouldn't be as bad).

Quite agree with you as to how pleased I am with the A4. If they had the digital dash right for the C-Class I would of chosen that instead of the A4...2019 C-Class has it now
Hopefully by then 2020/2021 some refresh comes out for the A4, would love to see the center screen be at least 10"+ instead of 8.3
I considered the (2016) C class... and frankly, I rejected it because of the harsh ride. I blame the run-flats, though it doesn't help that the car I drove, like just about every other inventory C class in Canada, had the sport package (which I'm not sure includes a sportier suspension). In the US market they offered a 'comfort' suspension bundled with 17" rims and the old-school MB grille, but that wasn't offered here (there was a 'luxury' package with the old-school grille but not a different suspension).

I love the digital dashes, don't get me wrong, but they'd have to do a lot more than add that to make me tempted by the C class - improve ride quality, increase interior space, improve start/stop system refinement, and maybe improve their engine...
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My mom just trade in her old q5 for a new q5 at pfaff for a private sale, really good deal... but theyre selling the MY18 cars because MY19 is coming ..I assume for MY18 A4's it'll be whatevers already at the dealers.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I wanted the C-Class too. I followed the MBworld forum on it, and the car had too many issues and problems across the board. The A4 on the other hand, had much much less issues and complaints by the owners. Audi is, according to the stats, is more reliable than MB so that's why I've considered the A4 over the C-class.

I hope the new C-class fixes those issues though so I can consider it again.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:24 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
I wanted the C-Class too. I followed the MBworld forum on it, and the car had too many issues and problems across the board. The A4 on the other hand, had much much less issues and complaints by the owners. Audi is, according to the stats, is more reliable than MB so that's why I've considered the A4 over the C-class.

I hope the new C-class fixes those issues though so I can consider it again.
Excuse my cluelessness... but... what was so appealing about the C class? I checked it out because I wasn't sold on the A4 after my first test drive of the A4, and... well... I couldn't understand why I'd pay MORE for THAT car...
Old 05-17-2018, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
Excuse my cluelessness... but... what was so appealing about the C class? I checked it out because I wasn't sold on the A4 after my first test drive of the A4, and... well... I couldn't understand why I'd pay MORE for THAT car...
It's a pretty gorgeous vehicle. I hate to admit it, but the interior of the C-class is superior to the A4. The A4 needs to step up in the interior department compared to the new C-class.

Quick Reply: MY19 A4 Canada