A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

No ringtone over Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No ringtone over Bluetooth

iPhone 6 user here. Any thoughts as to why my ringtone isn't being picked up by Bluetooth? Otherwise audio seems fine, but I'm having to keep phone ringer volume high while I'm inside the car to know when I'm receiving a call. In reviewing the MMI menu, looks like there are some options for ringtone, but it says my phone doesn't support it.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Did you try selecting a different ringtone on the phone? The iPhone is one of the phones that support mobile ringtone, which means instead of the MMI playing the ringtone, the phone's own ringtone is played over the car's speakers. Also, make sure you didn't accidentally turn down the ringtone volume on the MMI. There are separate volume settings for the ringtone vs voice. While the phone is ringing, turn up the volume and see if you start hearing it over the speakers.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Did you try selecting a different ringtone on the phone? The iPhone is one of the phones that support mobile ringtone, which means instead of the MMI playing the ringtone, the phone's own ringtone is played over the car's speakers. Also, make sure you didn't accidentally turn down the ringtone volume on the MMI. There are separate volume settings for the ringtone vs voice. While the phone is ringing, turn up the volume and see if you start hearing it over the speakers.
Perhaps it is just the volume key, I'll check that out next time I receive an incoming call. I'm fairly certain I was getting ringing over the speakers originally. As far as different ringtones, the tone that is shown on the MMI is 'moon'. It is grayed out with the box unchecked, and says my phone doesn't support. However, I haven't tried selecting a different tone on my phone to see if that works.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You can also go into the telephone settings and adjust the various volume levels there. Don't recall exactly where it is, but all the volumes can be adjusted in the settings. You don't have to wait for another phone call. As for the ringtone setting in the MMI, yes that would be grayed out, because the ringtone is coming from the phone itself in your case. The MMI's ringtones such as "Moon" are only used in conjunction with phones that don't support playing the phone's own ringtone over Bluetooth.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Incidentally, I have tried the volume control inside the telephone settings menu (underneath the ringtones,etc.) but to no avail. It is grayed out also, saying the function is not supported by the phone.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this issue as well (iPhone6) and can confirm while it was ringing I could use my volume controls and could then hear my ringtone as expected.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkive
I had this issue as well (iPhone6) and can confirm while it was ringing I could use my volume controls and could then hear my ringtone as expected.
Same thing here. Apparently the ringtone volume was at the lowest setting when I took delivery of the car. So today I received a phone call for the first time while driving and only heard it ringing from the phone in my pocket. So while it was ringing, I turned the volume all the way up, and once it reached half way I actually started to hear it coming through the speakers. It was indeed my iPhone's actual ringtone.

So obviously the ringtone volume is different from the volume during a call, as that volume had already been turned up from when I had previously made a few outgoing calls.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a ringtone, but it is often delayed by 5-10 seconds after the phone starts to ring before the car rings.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was there a solution to this?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes for me there was .... Turn up the MMI (steering wheel thumb wheel) volume when the phone is ringing. Provided the phone is showing as connected of course.

Quick Reply: No ringtone over Bluetooth