A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Obdeleven - Start/Stop App

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obdeleven - Start/Stop App

It appears they have added an app to disable this functionality. I wonder if it achieves this via the same voltage coding workaround, and subsequently has the same side effects.

It is priced at 100 credits, which appears to be the price point for apps that coding is not publicly available, example Video in motion functionality is priced at 100 credits.

Last edited by Donkihad; 03-07-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Donkihad
It appears they have added an app to disable this functionality. I wonder if it achieves this via the same voltage coding workaround, and subsequently has the same side effects.

It is priced at 100 credits, which appears to be the price point for apps that coding is not publicly available, example Video in motion functionality is priced at 100 credits.
I'm willing to bet it's the same Do coding and save 100 credits for something else. He he.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I'm willing to bet it's the same Do coding and save 100 credits for something else. He he.
I have not checked the app yet, but remember that the coding that we have so far for start/stop only works when the AC is on. If the one that OBD for 100 credits takes care of both AC on and AC off and avoids the car to shut off I would be happh to spend the $13 for it Im pretty sure that if it is the same as the coding that we have they will have to put some type of disclaimer in the description. Will check it out tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
I have not checked the app yet, but remember that the coding that we have so far for start/stop only works when the AC is on. If the one that OBD for 100 credits takes care of both AC on and AC off and avoids the car to shut off I would be happh to spend the $13 for it Im pretty sure that if it is the same as the coding that we have they will have to put some type of disclaimer in the description. Will check it out tomorrow.
Quick question salvadorsantana, have you done the tweak on your B9 and had the car shut off on you? I've been running the tweak for a while now and the car has not auto stopped on me once. The a/c has been off most of the time. Even with the whole climate control system off, it won't auto stop on me.

Just curious...

CFM
Old 03-08-2017, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CFM567
Quick question salvadorsantana, have you done the tweak on your B9 and had the car shut off on you? I've been running the tweak for a while now and the car has not auto stopped on me once. The a/c has been off most of the time. Even with the whole climate control system off, it won't auto stop on me.

Just curious...

CFM
Yes I did the tweak as soon as it got posted here. I rarely have the AC off in Miami, but when is off the car has shut off like 3 times or the car will hesitate to shut off, reason why I still apply the old method of just pressing the Auto on/off button at start up either AC on or off and forget it about it.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I did the manual coding and have not noticed any adverse side effects whether AC is on or off.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinB656
I did the manual coding and have not noticed any adverse side effects whether AC is on or off.
Is there a difference between manual coding and using OBDeleven? Also, does this work? I can't really tell from reading the responses. I thought more people would do this as many complaints as there are about the Start/Stop feature.

Also, can this be detected at the dealership and would it void any type of warranty?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by steelersmb
Is there a difference between manual coding and using OBDeleven? Also, does this work? I can't really tell from reading the responses. I thought more people would do this as many complaints as there are about the Start/Stop feature.

Also, can this be detected at the dealership and would it void any type of warranty?

Thanks.
I meant that I manually entered the coding in OBDEleven rather than using the OBDEleven script that you have to pay for.

Yes, it works. My auto start/stop is totally disabled without any side effects that I've noticed.

I suppose it's possible that these coding changes can be detected by the dealer, but they have no impact on the vehicle hardware so there should not be any warranty issues. I took my car in for 10k service after making several changes and nobody said anything to me about the changes. Bear in mind, though, that if your ECU software is updated by the dealer you may have to redo some of the coding.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have my OBD11 still in the bag (for two months now I believe), just no chance me to freez my bottom in the garage for any of these tricks
winter here in Toronto and in this sub zero - but most likely sub -15C (and goes way more below)
I have not noticed any auto stop since November...
if I remember well from previous years mother nature just won't give up this low temps next two months to mid May
Old 04-14-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steelersmb

Thanks.
what are the manual codes?

Quick Reply: Obdeleven - Start/Stop App