A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Optimal sound settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed the two speakers on the left side of the driver side and the 2 speakers on the right side of the passenger side was either not working or missing. i couldnt hear any sound coming out of them. its at the dealer now will update after i see what they say.. the front speaker on top of the dashboard seemed like it was the only one working.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have B&O those speakers will not emit sound on certain settings. If you max out the surround and 3-D settings they will be on.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I generally have my bass and treble settings about 4-6 notches down from max. I found that with bass especially, it sounded too distorted for the stock sub to handle. I also prefer to have the surround and 3d setting turned on to full. It seems to present a much more balanced sound stage and acoustic tracks seem lively and in your face.

I do remember that with my old old '98 A4 that had the Bose system, there was a special button combination you could press (something along the lines of hacking into the head unit with a password for Audi technicians) that would allow for a 7 frequency EQ adjustment. I wonder if there's some easter eggs here we either haven't uncovered or just haven't asked about yet.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdwcreative
I generally have my bass and treble settings about 4-6 notches down from max. I found that with bass especially, it sounded too distorted for the stock sub to handle. I also prefer to have the surround and 3d setting turned on to full. It seems to present a much more balanced sound stage and acoustic tracks seem lively and in your face.

I do remember that with my old old '98 A4 that had the Bose system, there was a special button combination you could press (something along the lines of hacking into the head unit with a password for Audi technicians) that would allow for a 7 frequency EQ adjustment. I wonder if there's some easter eggs here we either haven't uncovered or just haven't asked about yet.
I remember that with my '98 A4 also. Can't recall the exact procedure, but it was something along the lines of standing on your head and pressing all the buttons with your toes - but it did allow you to make adjustments to more than just bass and treble. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there is a way to adjust more of the frequency ranges - it is a B&O, after all.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Well. Mitchfin had done some coding which helped unlock more features, like in the Q7. But downside is that the car graphic in the screen becomes the Q7 image since he basically changed all the codes to the Q7 one (can't do it without that). But yes. You get subwoofer control with that code.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Well. Mitchfin had done some coding which helped unlock more features, like in the Q7. But downside is that the car graphic in the screen becomes the Q7 image since he basically changed all the codes to the Q7 one (can't do it without that). But yes. You get subwoofer control with that code.
Yeah its a bummer, because it doesn't just change the graphic but the settings options as well (meaning some options disappear)
Old 01-06-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Yeah its a bummer, because it doesn't just change the graphic but the settings options as well (meaning some options disappear)
Oh. I wonder what options disappear since I thought the Q7 one had more options than the A4.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
So there's more options you can put in with a VagCom? Or how did you get to the subwoofer settings
Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Coming from a 2011 BMW 335d with the harmon/kardon Logic7 system, I'm pretty disappointed in the B&O system in my B9 A4. Frankly all it probably needs is a 7-band graphic EQ and some nerdy analysis, and a better subwoofer. The subs were under the seats in the BMW, and that helped a lot.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A bit off topic but does anyone know how the grills come off the existing door and deck speakers?

Quick Reply: Optimal sound settings