A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Optimal sound settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're just held on with clips, so you can pop them right off with a trim tool, or you could probably use a flat head screwdriver if you were careful.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I feel like the sound on the B&O comes mainly from the front speakers, it's like I do not hear the rear speakers much!

I played with the front/rear balance in order to send more sound to the back. Does anybody else feel the same ?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I feel like the sound on the B&O comes mainly from the front speakers, it's like I do not hear the rear speakers much!

I played with the front/rear balance in order to send more sound to the back. Does anybody else feel the same ?
Yes, but that has been symptomatic of all cars I've recently owned. My '13 Lexus GS with Mark Levinson produced sound mostly from the front. Same with my '15 S5 with B&O. Seems to be the way the high-end sound systems are going these days. Also, of course, the closer you are to the speakers the more you will hear them!

Last edited by dseag2; 04-20-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, I concur. I have the front/rear balance set just over the front lip of the rear seats on the MMI screen. Kinda want to push it back little further. Am experimenting with the surround/3d levels but think I prefer them off.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, but that has been symptomatic of all cars I've recently owned. My '13 Lexus GS with Mark Levinson produced sound mostly from the front. Same with my '15 S5 with B&O. Seems to be the way the high-end sound systems are going these days. Also, of course, the closer you are to the speakers the more you will hear them!
I am 6'4", so my seat is already towards the back. I can only imagine how much more the sound would be forward if the seat was closer to the front!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

It has been like this in every car that I've ever been in/driven. You don't hear the rear speakers much, if at all. And the rear speakers are mainly for the rear passengers. That's why they are also called rear fills. Rear speakers don't help much with the surround effect.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been having some speaker issues. My most recent call back from the service advisor didn't reveal any fixes yet for the buzzing that I have, but for some reason they stated that my CarPlay settings were too high.

Now, for reference I don't use CarPlay with my phone. I use the multimedia device connection instead.

IS that even a possibility with the B+O audio system? To have the adjustment settings 'too high'? Sounds like a load of BS to me. Also I'm not sure what that would cause the issues I've been having.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Regardless of the source of the music the spkr should NOT make any buzzing noises.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

It is a matter of personal preference whether each owner wants a fully immersive experience (surround sound coming from everywhere) or something that mimics live music (music from the front, slight ambience add-in from behind).

If I dial in too much of the immersive or 3D effects I feel like I am listening to the hardware rather than the music.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Yeah its a bummer, because it doesn't just change the graphic but the settings options as well (meaning some options disappear)
Can you tell us please how you got the subwoofer control in MMI? (regarding the Q7 trick)

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Ok. So tried fiddling with the settings and I must say, it does sound good. I take back the negatives I said about the B&O. It sounds very nice to my ears. There's more clarity compared to the Bose but I still feel the Bose feels a bit more punchy. Guess the B&O sub needs to break in before punching properly.
How it's now after breaking in?

Quick Reply: Optimal sound settings