A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Parking brake and engine stop

Old 07-21-2017, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
What is that assist button? I'm guessing it's something specific to other markets, my US Allroad doesn't have this (I think you're in Portugal, right?)
I have assist and I can assure you that the parking brake is still just as random with assist on.
Here is an explanation of hill hold assist https://www.audi.co.uk/glossary/a/audi-hold-assist.html
Old 11-01-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio Correia
Thank you everybody for participating in the thread.

These days, I have used the car frequently but can't find a pattern in the result.
One time, I push hard on the brake and it stop, next time it does not...
One time I release the seat belt before stopping and it works, next time it does not...

I am not giving up. This is what I consider an important feature of safety and I want to use it !
I will keep until until something turns up. I will ask the users, the seller and ...

I have been to a Portuguese Audi's forum but the answers were inconclusive.

Have a nice week end, all of you !
hi Antonio,
I live in Belgium and in March I have bought an A5 sportback with automatic ****. I have exactly the same problem you are presenting here, I have been writing to other forums but no satisfying answers, in the meanwhile I have presented the problem to my garage, they have tried and tried (even on other similar cars) and they cannot understand the logic. They recently sent the issue to Audi in Germany. So far no answer neither.
I will make big noise out of it. We spend quite few money and this "I don t know" it is not an acceptable answer

Keep you posted
Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stegal
hi Antonio,
I live in Belgium and in March I have bought an A5 sportback with automatic ****. I have exactly the same problem you are presenting here, I have been writing to other forums but no satisfying answers, in the meanwhile I have presented the problem to my garage, they have tried and tried (even on other similar cars) and they cannot understand the logic. They recently sent the issue to Audi in Germany. So far no answer neither.
I will make big noise out of it. We spend quite few money and this "I don t know" it is not an acceptable answer
Keep you posted
Hi Stegal !
I have already the solution for that !
I sold the dam Audi and bought a BMW Series 4 Grand Coupé !
I always have loved BMWs and it was a BIG and expensive mistake to buy the Audi.
BMW is a far better car. It's my third car of this brand. It is also so dam beautiful ! Have you ever drove one ? Have you ever seated on it's sports seats ? No ? Well... you should !
And it's a car with character if one may say so referring to a machine ! It is a pleasure to drive.
Cheers !
I came back to add: The Series 4 Grand Coupé has a traditional hand brake. You have to use your hand to activate it. Bad ? Perhaps...
And no Audi Sence either ! Bah ! Lousy car ! LOL LOL

Last edited by Antonio Correia; 11-01-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Add some stuff
Old 11-01-2017, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Antonio Correia
Hi Stegal !
I have already the solution for that !
I sold the dam Audi and bought a BMW Series 4 Grand Coupé !
I always have loved BMWs and it was a BIG and expensive mistake to buy the Audi.
BMW is a far better car. It's my third car of this brand. It is also so dam beautiful ! Have you ever drove one ? Have you ever seated on it's sports seats ? No ? Well... you should !
And it's a car with character if one may say so referring to a machine ! It is a pleasure to drive.
Cheers !
I came back to add: The Series 4 Grand Coupé has a traditional hand brake. You have to use your hand to activate it. Bad ? Perhaps...
And no Audi Sence either ! Bah ! Lousy car ! LOL LOL
Hi Antonio,
I come from BMW and before move to Audi I did indeed tried Series 4. I am very happy with Audi, I feel good in it and gives me a great drive experience. This small issue it is not big deal, what I am really disappointed is the customer care. I was expecting much more from Audi. Before draw any conclusion I will wait the end of the year.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

for the par condicio...this is my beauty
Old 11-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi !
I am afraid but I do not have any photo of my beloved car ! LOL
Well... at least not yet. But I will.
The Audi has a more linear design while the BM is more aggressive and apparently more dynamic (design point of view).
The blue is very nice indeed ! But I have opted for bigger wheels. I mean: the version (sport) is coming with 19" tyres but I decided to move to 18" ones. Cheaper and more comfortable. Remember that the BM has run-flat tyres which are more expensive and harder.
Mine is white.
You know... you should have not tried the BM but driven it for a whole day. Then you would feel the car properly. Anyway, it is a question of taste.
I wish you have many nice kilometers with your car without any issues !
But how come ? You drive a car with a plate from GB ? The steering wheel on the right ? In Belgium ?
I hope I will remember to take a picture of my Series 4 some time soon. Perhaps tomorrow and I will come here to post it
Cheers.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

AHAH... it is not MY beauty but it is just the same as mine...same color, same look :-)
I did have a good 2 hr driving of bmw felt more sporty, as I said I come from 4 year or bmw and I love the spirit but sitting in that audi felt very cool, internal design, MMI system and quality of material just got me.
Well I guess we will enjoy our toys...

back to the subject of this post ....I hope that anyone will come up with a better answer than "by a bmw" ahah sorry Antonio :-)
Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A4 moved 25' by itself

New to me A4 2017 sedan just tolled it drive itself 25' across parking lot while I was in restaurant. I got out as usual after stopping engine with button. I tried to lock car with handle swipe and couldn't hear it lock after several tries. I decided to assume it was locked but waited a minute for the headlights to go off. Left it dark in a corner level space. Ten minutes later the maitre d came and said they had a complaint and were going to tow my car. I went out and it was in the middle of the parking lot. Remember I watched it sit in the space for a minute. WTF??? Of course I will always double check parking brake from now on but that doesn't explain how it moved -- don't see how it could have rolled but moving under power??? There was another car in the space I had parked in. Is Audi listening? Thank god it didn't hit a person or another car.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the error was that 'P' and the handbrake weren't engaged, I always check before I get out of the vehicle. Maybe that's why the car didn't lock?