A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Permanently disable pre-sense?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oesman
Yea mine is already set on the latest setting. Had it do it again yesterday, but this time there was a car nearby at least. The car in front of me was making a left turn as I was approaching it and I guess the computer didn't figure out that the car would actually be out of my way in a few moments so it tapped on the brakes, but only for a split second.

I'll see what the dealer says, but overall I don't want this tech in my car anymore, it's not worked out yet even if the dealer fixes it I'll always be wondering when it will fail again and if that will kill me.
Mine stays set to late and has stayed there ever since. You cannot expect the system fitted to the A4 to anticipate what cars will do, it will only sense there is an object in it's path moving slower that your vehicle is heading towards it, thus it'll give you a warning for you to take action, which it did correctly. It's never meant to replace humans as it is only just at level 1/2 of autonomous technology https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...els-explained/ even the new A8 is only level 3. If you didn't want the tech then unfortunately you're out of luck as it will become more and more mainstream. To be honest my system never bothers me one bit as it rarely comes on, however it does save lives and that has been proven by the experiences of other drivers.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of the latest threads I could find so I thought I'd share my issue. Not anywhere as extreme as it braking like that but it still scared the hell out of us. This is in my 2018 sq5 . I was sitting parked in a lot, but car was running. The seat belts tightened quickly and released. Nothing on the dash or indicators I could see. No vehicles behind or in front of us. There was a major road a few car lengths parrallel to us. The car is two days old. This does not install confidence. Would love to hear what the dealer tells you .