A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!

The other night after spending two months trying to find the right car I saw a post on this website from a member that had just picked up the same car a Manhattan Gray with the black Optics package. I'm still trying to find his post because the pictures he took of his car were so nice. I tried to find the same car but in Southern California there were only four to be found. I went to over 12 dealers in Southern California. No luck. Then I took a hundred mile drive to San Diego but no luck. Just by chance I stopped at a dealer in Escondido and they didn't have the car but as I was leaving it had just come off the truck and I was in love! I made them an offer and after a lot of back and forth they accepted. I'm so in love with this car I can't think of anything but good to say about it. I drove it home about 75 miles and it got 30.6 miles to the gallon. In the city I'm getting 21 to 22. But I'm still breaking it in so I'm driving very easy. I want to thank the member that posted his great pictures on this website because I didn't even know this car existed. If you're out there please let me know and post your pictures again they're much better than mine.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!-20170819_110731.jpg   Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!-20170819_110725.jpg   Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!-20170819_110054.jpg   Picked up my new 2018 with black Optics package!-20170819_105252.jpg  

Last edited by Wackit; 10-03-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

She's gorgeous! I am starting to fall in love with black optics and I really really like the red contrast stitching.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congrats! Just got my A4 w/ BO last week

Quick note. The piano black trim scratches just by looking at it. Already looks like crap when the sun hits it. I love the trim but hate the fact that it does that. I need to look into some buffering solution or something to get the scratches out.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats man! I am guessing it was my car... I think I had the first one in the U.S. Although, I don't know about my pics being breathtaking
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...erday-2924254/
Old 08-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those are the pics that turned me on to the Black Optics Package! Glad to hear from you.You're Car is unique because of the 6 speed. It looks nice. Thanks for posting them because I didn't know anything about that package.Yesterday I had a clear mask put on the front, tommorow get the windows tinted lightly.
Wanted to ask you if you use anything good to clean the v spoke rims. They are really nice but I'm one of those people who wipe down the heavy brake dust in between washing, and I'm finding that because the rims have a matte finish as opposed to a clear coat, when I clean them waterlessly with paint detailer or spray and shine, the brake dust gets rubbed into the matte finish and doesn't want to clean up. I don't want to use the wheel spray and washes because I don't want to wash the whole car just to keep the rims clean, and I think those spray wheel cleaners are bad for the finish. A lot of Brake dust after only a few miles. Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wackit
Those are the pics that turned me on to the Black Optics Package! Glad to hear from you.You're Car is unique because of the 6 speed. It looks nice. Thanks for posting them because I didn't know anything about that package.Yesterday I had a clear mask put on the front, tommorow get the windows tinted lightly.
Wanted to ask you if you use anything good to clean the v spoke rims. They are really nice but I'm one of those people who wipe down the heavy brake dust in between washing, and I'm finding that because the rims have a matte finish as opposed to a clear coat, when I clean them waterlessly with paint detailer or spray and shine, the brake dust gets rubbed into the matte finish and doesn't want to clean up. I don't want to use the wheel spray and washes because I don't want to wash the whole car just to keep the rims clean, and I think those spray wheel cleaners are bad for the finish. A lot of Brake dust after only a few miles. Any ideas?
Thanks man. You have to post pics with the tint... I am thinking about it. You are spot on about the wheels because of the matte finish. I refuse to use acid on them too so I did some research and tried this stuff (acid free and pH balanced) works well:
Amazon Amazon

Still expect to get down with the microfiber brush to get them and the calipers perfect
Old 08-23-2017, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful car. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto! She's a beauty! Love that Manhattan Grey with Black Optics!
Old 03-24-2020, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobTX10
Congrats! Just got my A4 w/ BO last week

Quick note. The piano black trim scratches just by looking at it. Already looks like crap when the sun hits it. I love the trim but hate the fact that it does that. I need to look into some buffering solution or something to get the scratches out.
I have the same car / same color but 2019. When I get my windows tinted at the wrap / tint shop I might ask them what they can put over the piano black interior trim. Need to wait for stores to open back up - SoCal on lock down until further notice and it seems tint is non essential!

Anyone else try that??
Old 07-23-2020, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could use PPF to protect the interior or vinyl, alternatively if you get scratches and are sick of it unfortunately a respray with 2pak clear like the car will generate less scratches over time as its more durable.

Can anyone provide the part number for the black optics front grill please, been struggling to find it online or in the forum.?