Old 09-22-2016, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
what Octane are you using?
Old 09-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, this looks like a much easier buying decision over the APR ECU flash. 2 years of warrantied protection for the engine, and with maybe at most 10ft lbs less of torque, I don't see any disadvantages.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mdwcreative
Honestly, this looks like a much easier buying decision over the APR ECU flash. 2 years of warrantied protection for the engine, and with maybe at most 10ft lbs less of torque, I don't see any disadvantages.
This is why I am a fan of piggyback systems. Plus it has a 14 day return policy if you dont like it.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder what the throttle lag would be over an ECU tune. Imperceivable?
Old 09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mdwcreative
I wonder what the throttle lag would be over an ECU tune. Imperceivable?
So this is a very good question, and unfortunately its not directly answerable. The reason I say that is because what exactly is your definition of the lag?

Is it:
A) The delay of power transfer from when you push the pedal down to when the car starts moving?
B) The delay of power from when the turbo comes in?
C) The delay of power being put to the wheels because of the transmission?

I bring all those things up because not all are fixed easily. One of the biggest complaints on Audi's(in general) is the delay of when the car starts moving from a stop. The DSG in these cars have been known to have "thinking" issues knowing when to be in the right gear or when to start applying the power. The biggest time there is a delay, or lag, is when coming to a slow stop and then accelerating again. There is often a hesitation because the DSG is in between gears and was in the process of going down a gear to stop but then you told it to go back up a gear to get moving again. There have been some TSB's to reprogram the DSG's a few times in order to maintain a better balance of smoothness.

The amount of pressure needed to put on the actual pedal itself is also a conundrum. Now that the cars are "throttle by wire" theres a hesitancy of when the electronics decide the pedal is down enough to engage. I miss the old days of an actual cable. Most newer cars with throttle by wire have a hesitance that needs to get adapted to.

The last thing which is the turbo lag is actually almost imperceptible with the amount of engineering Audi has done. Its fantastic how smooth these cars are. However, with an addition of a tune(ecu or piggyback), because the boost is increased, you will feel a greater push when the turbo kicks in. This will actually give you a perception of more lag because there is a bigger feel of turbo on/off.

Hopefully I didnt confuse you any more than your question posed.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what engine do you hawe?
Old 09-24-2016, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by strelec1234
what engine do you hawe?
The only one available in the states. The 2.0.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
The only one available in the states. The 2.0.
Did you buy from racechip.com (European site) or www.racechip-usa.com? I assume its the same product, although the sites are very different. On the European site you can select the "2.0 TFSI (252 HP / 185 kW)" engine, but on the USA site its listed as "185kW (248hp/252PS)." I assume that is the same engine even though one says 252hp and one says 248hp.

Also, there are two chips listed at
https://www.racechip-usa.com/chiptun...-0-TFSI-185kw/
It looks like the 2nd one (Connect Tuning-Set) is the one to get as that is the one that looks to have smartphone connection capability.

One last question...Is there anyone to turn the chip off (stock mode) without removing it? I could see situations where I'd want to be stock.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by OhSee Dee
Did you buy from racechip.com (European site) or www.racechip-usa.com? I assume its the same product, although the sites are very different. On the European site you can select the "2.0 TFSI (252 HP / 185 kW)" engine, but on the USA site its listed as "185kW (248hp/252PS)." I assume that is the same engine even though one says 252hp and one says 248hp.

Also, there are two chips listed at
https://www.racechip-usa.com/chiptun...-0-TFSI-185kw/
It looks like the 2nd one (Connect Tuning-Set) is the one to get as that is the one that looks to have smartphone connection capability.

One last question...Is there anyone to turn the chip off (stock mode) without removing it? I could see situations where I'd want to be stock.
I got it from Racechip-usa.com. Its the local distributer, it came to me in two days. Yes, choosing which engine was a little confusing but I chose the bottom one with the most power. When you order it they will know which engine you have depending on which country you order from anyway.

I got the ultimate version. It can be controlled via a bluetooth app. Yes, you can turn the unit off completely by pressing the "power" button in the center of the app screen(seen in first post) and that returns all control back to stock. Also, it comes with a smaller dummy unit that you can just swap with the racechip in seconds without removing all the connected sensors. All that does is loop the OEM processing.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I got it from Racechip-usa.com. Its the local distributer, it came to me in two days. Yes, choosing which engine was a little confusing but I chose the bottom one with the most power. When you order it they will know which engine you have depending on which country you order from anyway.

I got the ultimate version. It can be controlled via a bluetooth app. Yes, you can turn the unit off completely by pressing the "power" button in the center of the app screen(seen in first post) and that returns all control back to stock. Also, it comes with a smaller dummy unit that you can just swap with the racechip in seconds without removing all the connected sensors. All that does is loop the OEM processing.
Thanks. I think I'm going to get it. What do you think your 0-60mph improvement is? I'm coming from a Infiniti G37S Coupe (V6 330hp) and the reduction of power is pretty noticeable. I really want to get this to bring it up to par with with the power I had. I need to do some research to see if folks have had problems down the line with other cars. I guess the on/off button will be perfect since 90% of my drive time is in traffic where i can have it off, then turn it on for the other 10% of fun driving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racechip Installed