A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Racechip Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by OhSee Dee
Thanks. I think I'm going to get it. What do you think your 0-60mph improvement is? I'm coming from a Infiniti G37S Coupe (V6 330hp) and the reduction of power is pretty noticeable. I really want to get this to bring it up to par with with the power I had. I need to do some research to see if folks have had problems down the line with other cars. I guess the on/off button will be perfect since 90% of my drive time is in traffic where i can have it off, then turn it on for the other 10% of fun driving.
I would like to think that from the seat of the pants the 0-60 has been reduced about half a second. Nothing professional or documented by that statement. Just from my history of modifying cars and how they feel.

The great thing is you can leave it in race all the time, like I have done, and when you are in traffic you arent using any more gas or anything. If you arent on the turbos its not really doing anything.

I was on the highway earlier and just doing 65-95 pulls and it was just fantastic. I just wanted to keep going. It shot up to near triple digit speeds in an instant. Its so smooth and quiet that you dont really feel it, you have to keep an eye on the speedo.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OhSee Dee
Thanks. I think I'm going to get it. What do you think your 0-60mph improvement is? I'm coming from a Infiniti G37S Coupe (V6 330hp) and the reduction of power is pretty noticeable. I really want to get this to bring it up to par with with the power I had. I need to do some research to see if folks have had problems down the line with other cars. I guess the on/off button will be perfect since 90% of my drive time is in traffic where i can have it off, then turn it on for the other 10% of fun driving.
If you get this would you be willing to do a video of the installation? I really want to get this as well but am always a bit paranoid when it comes to messing with engines.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by steelersmb
If you get this would you be willing to do a video of the installation? I really want to get this as well but am always a bit paranoid when it comes to messing with engines.

Thanks.
It's so easy that I can redo it and take a video.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
It's so easy that I can redo it and take a video.
That would be awesome! Part of the issue is that I don't have my car right now. I got hit the other day and it's in the shop so I can't look at it right now but a video would be a big help I think. Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by steelersmb
That would be awesome! Part of the issue is that I don't have my car right now. I got hit the other day and it's in the shop so I can't look at it right now but a video would be a big help I think. Thanks again!
Updated OP with an install video!
The following users liked this post:
simplec6 (12-19-2020)
Old 09-27-2016, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated OP with an install video!
Great video. 🤘
Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the write up and video. This makes it very tempting to do.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot for the video!! Do you notice any difference between stock and efficiency setting?
Old 09-27-2016, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bengtc
Thanks a lot for the video!! Do you notice any difference between stock and efficiency setting?
Honestly, no clue. I put it in race and left it in race. I want the most power possible at all times.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I would like to think that from the seat of the pants the 0-60 has been reduced about half a second. Nothing professional or documented by that statement.
would be nice to have some objective test results, i.e dyno test , 0-60 etc. "seat of the pants" doesn't cut it for me. ... no disrespect intended

Quick Reply: Racechip Installed