A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Roof Console Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roof Console Removal?

Hello All,

I just got my 2017 Audi A4 Prestige about a week ago and I love it. Moved from a 2013 BMW 335i.

I've made some ODBEleven Tweaks and am now moving to getting my Valentine One hardwired. I've done a lot of searching and read a lot of posts about Dash cam installs, but I use the V1Connection module I with my V1 I can't use a basic mirror tap. I need to use the Valentine hardware kit and the V1Connection bluetooth module, which takes more space that is available under the plastic panel above the Mirror.

When I did this install in the BMW I put the module and hardware kit in the area above the center console. I'm looking to do the same now but I can't seem to get the roof center console out. I've done all the pulling I am game to do. I'm too scared of breaking something.....

Does anyone have any in sight they can impart?

Or even just a photo of the b9 roof console part so I can see where the clips are... I haven't been able to find any in my searches.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm interested in this also. Tried on my SB, but it didn't release as easy as my A6, so I gave up, not wanting to do any damage.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This has been covered in this forum. Do a search on dash cams and there will be a couple of threads that talk about the removal. There are two clips on both sides and they are pretty easy to get off with using a trim removal tool. The hard ones are the two above the mirror going towards the back of the car right at the roof and they are VERY hard to get off the first time. You have to work at it and use pressure to get one off at a time. It will get to the point where you will be concerned about breaking it (normal), but it does come off. Once you get these last two clips off then it will flip down and drop off.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:29 AM
vgt
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, requires an uncomfortable amount of force to remove, but it pops off.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
This has been covered in this forum. Do a search on dash cams and there will be a couple of threads that talk about the removal. There are two clips on both sides and they are pretty easy to get off with using a trim removal tool. The hard ones are the two above the mirror going towards the back of the car right at the roof and they are VERY hard to get off the first time. You have to work at it and use pressure to get one off at a time. It will get to the point where you will be concerned about breaking it (normal), but it does come off. Once you get these last two clips off then it will flip down and drop off.
Thank You! I did do a search but I guess i wasn't thorough enough in my skimming.

I will try again tonight... Fingers crossed.....
Old 09-21-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

After looking it again, I think we are talking about a different panel. I have removed the plastic cover above the mirror, the part I am looking to remove is the roof console which houses the lights/homlink buttons/sunroof control etc.
Is this what you were referring to?

Old 09-21-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was talking about the part you removed. You can use a product called Mirror Tap and connect to the wire connectors in there. I also connected it for my Valentine 1. Not sure why you want to remove the whole console when you have the wires with the cover you removed. I don't remember the two wires I used, but it is covered in one of the dash cam threads that show the positive and negative wires.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

For the wires.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2903447/page2/
Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I was talking about the part you removed. You can use a product called Mirror Tap and connect to the wire connectors in there. I also connected it for my Valentine 1. Not sure why you want to remove the whole console when you have the wires with the cover you removed. I don't remember the two wires I used, but it is covered in one of the dash cam threads that show the positive and negative wires.
My reason is in the original post. I use the v1 connection Bluetooth module so I need to use the stock hard wire kit with the 2x rj12 connections. It's all too big to fit in that limited space. Why I need the space above the lighting console. Which there seems to be plenty.

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

If I recall correctly, I think the brown was negative.

Quick Reply: Roof Console Removal?