AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Those belong to Side Assist.
My car didn't had the sim recognition option I've enabled it with OBD11
Old 02-19-2018, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Maybe it would be good idea to fill out the location details in your profile and mention what car and options you have.

Based on what has been posted so far it seems that if the MMI head unit is factory installed and has a SIM card slot then your car has a GSM antenna and is in theory capable of establishing a GSM connection. At least in ROW and the US. Things are (were) different in Canada where the MMI head unit has a SIM card slot but is missing some firmware files that prevent it to be able to connect to the Internet.

The pin on MyAudi is not the pin you need to enable AudiConnect. The latter came with the car keys on a little plastic thing if your car has AudiConnect.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Maybe it would be good idea to fill out the location details in your profile and mention what car and options you have.

Based on what has been posted so far it seems that if the MMI head unit is factory installed and has a SIM card slot then your car has a GSM antenna and is in theory capable of establishing a GSM connection. At least in ROW and the US. Things are (were) different in Canada where the MMI head unit has a SIM card slot but is missing some firmware files that prevent it to be able to connect to the Internet.

The pin on MyAudi is not the pin you need to enable AudiConnect. The latter came with the car keys on a little plastic thing if your car has AudiConnect.
the Audi connect it's one thing and the PIN is from the site 8 digit PIN I have it but the service is always unavailable when I try to log in.
I'm from Israel most of the feathers doesn't enabled here due to saving from the dealer side.
but I did had the SIM slot and I managed to enable it by coding only the GSM antennas is missing I hope :-)
Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gisik
Hi, Guy's
I don't know if it's me or the Germans outsmart me
I've tried several thing in my car and nothing works

1. activate the Sim slot in my car - have a good processes with that used OBD11 after activate the LTE_Module and the sim_slot the car recognized the sim but poor cell reception and when I sane for faults it say GSM antenna /GSM antenna 2 - open circuit after reading some forums I believe my car is missing the cellular antennas in the back of the car I ordered them will update If I made it.

2. I try to activate google earth and Audi connect service after playing with OBD11 and activation of Vehicle configuration - Remote_hmi = on Audi connect icon dapper in my MMI - tried connecting by login with PIN i got in the MyAudi site when I registered but no luck every time I get the service is unavailable please try again later for this I tried every thread and turning the data module on/off with cellular date with WIFI on my phone in my home and several wifi's also tried it few days now no luck same message.

3. and fore last I tried to activate the traffic sigh recognize and guess what - doesn't work only say no sighs recognized.

did someone had a luck with one of the thing I try?
please advice maybe I'm missing something.

any help will be appreciated..

Regards,
Can you share how you activated the sim slot using OBD11?
thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

the Audi connect it's one thing and the PIN is from the site 8 digit PIN I have it but the service is always unavailable when I try to log in.
I'm from Israel most of the feathers doesn't enabled here due to saving from the dealer side.
but I did had the SIM slot and I managed to enable it by coding only the GSM antennas is missing I hope :-)
Hi, did you solve it? Did you try to have internet connection using your phone as hotspot?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I do have internet in the car now
Old 06-10-2019, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Could you share the steps to activate internet in the car using the phone as hotspot?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good work! Can you share how you solved it? I followed instructions on how to activate SIMCARD and also joined my phone hotspot but it seems no data transfer in both scenarios, always have DATA CONNECTION grayed, what about yours?

Old 06-10-2019, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bsasso
Can you share how you activated the sim slot using OBD11?
thanks
With OBD:
[5F][LONG CODING]
byte_15_Phone_NAD: ON
Old 06-10-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Not only to have the sim slot to work you need gsm antenna installed In the car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S.O.S Audi A4 Sim Card Option