A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Side nets in the boot/trunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side nets in the boot/trunk

Hi all,
I've managed to purchase the cargo net and two hooks for the boot of my saloon direct from Audi.

However the side compartment nets aren't available to buy without purchasing the whole side unit that goes with it.

Does anyone know the part code and where to buy these from? Audi won't sell the item to me as an individual item. Managed to find the A4 B8 version but measurements seem too long.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Debanks

Hi all,
I've managed to purchase the cargo net and two hooks for the boot of my saloon direct from Audi.

However the side compartment nets aren't available to buy without purchasing the whole side unit that goes with it.

Does anyone know the part code and where to buy these from? Audi won't sell the item to me as an individual item. Managed to find the A4 B8 version but measurements seem too long.

This could be the one 8W5863880C
Old 07-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you that's the one! Looks like the whole piece which sells for about £160 via dealer so that price seems good.

Unfortunately it's already been sold!

In the meantime I've gone for a velcro mesh pocket for either side from Amazon. Hopefully this will do the trick...

Last edited by Debanks; 07-12-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

What country are you in? In the US here, and on my S4 and on every B9 A4 I've seen the side cargo nets came with the car. Had to purchase the big one for the floor though. Negotiated a 2nd hook as part of the purchase.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
What country are you in? In the US here, and on my S4 and on every B9 A4 I've seen the side cargo nets came with the car. Had to purchase the big one for the floor though. Negotiated a 2nd hook as part of the purchase.
UK...
Unfortunately we have to spec the storage pack to get these extra items.

Managed to get 2 X mesh inserts which I'm really happy with and only cost £8 on Amazon. It's amazing how much space you can make with the alcove each side.

Also managed to move the Audi manual to the boot cargo net which has nicely freed up my glovebox for err gloves and sunglasses.

On the pics you can also see the two added bag hooks which were about £10 each including fixings from my dealer.

Hadn't noticed the coin holder in the glove box before either which is a bonus.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

good job you got a link for amazon netting?
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rasA4
good job you got a link for amazon netting?
Sure here you go...
HAKACC Storage Net for Bottles/Groceries,Storage Organizers for Car / Truck / Trunk (2 Pcak) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y2XXVJJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CzqtBbCWP4REH
Old 07-16-2018, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thanks
Old 07-16-2018, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

...Also managed to move the Audi manual to the boot cargo net which has nicely freed up my glovebox for err gloves and sunglasses.
Here in the colonies, the manual doesn't fit the glovebox. Instead, there's a cubbyhole below the headlight switch for the manual. When I picked up my car in Ingolstadt the person explaining the features first tried putting the manual in the glovebox before remembering that it goes in the cubbyhole.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 720 Likes on 499 Posts

Hadn't noticed the coin holder in the glove box before either which is a bonus.
Aren't those slots for SD cards?

Sooner or later the boot storage bins will land up on eBay, especially with many people replacing them with sub woofer enclosures.

Quick Reply: Side nets in the boot/trunk