A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Sirius radio....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Sirius radio....

So, I have had Sirius radio for some time on my last few cars - you get a "good deal" when you threaten to cancel though. Having said that, the last time I spoke with someone there about cancelling, I told them I wanted to get a call before renewing - as I get soooooooooo many emails. Anyhow, my error for not keeping on top of this, but are they nuts @ $19.50 a month? With so many other options - are there still any takers? Pet peeve, calling to cancel and got hung up on 3 times. Very poor customer service to say the least....
Old 12-11-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

I agree, they are overpriced for what they deliver. And they make it very difficult to cancel, I have had the same problem. I much prefer Apple Music or one of the other streaming services which allow you to cancel on line. The other nice thing about the streaming services is that you can use them from any device you own without paying extra.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
I agree, they are overpriced for what they deliver. And they make it very difficult to cancel, I have had the same problem. I much prefer Apple Music or one of the other streaming services which allow you to cancel on line. The other nice thing about the streaming services is that you can use them from any device you own without paying extra.
It took me 3 calls and 1/2 hour waiting to get it cancelled just now. And he went on about giving me another good deal for 5 months. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you. I get way too many emails to keep up with subscription renewal choices and charges. That's why - unless its in very specific instances, I hate auto renewal subscriptions to most things. Never looked into Apple Music - but I will now I guess.....
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
It took me 3 calls and 1/2 hour waiting to get it cancelled just now. And he went on about giving me another good deal for 5 months. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you. I get way too many emails to keep up with subscription renewal choices and charges. That's why - unless its in very specific instances, I hate auto renewal subscriptions to most things. Never looked into Apple Music - but I will now I guess.....
FWIW, try How to Get a Discount Sirius XM Radio Subscription

The "deals" are out there if you call (or do this in a "chat") and are armed with some examples. I have a few weeks remaining on both cars and while I "like" SiriusXM, I'm not in love with it so the price has to be reasonable. The only thing I enjoy more than dealing with the renewal process is sticking pins in my eyes and/or drinking bleach! There was one exception and that happened on July 23, 2017 when I called and got somebody helpful - renewal total for each car was $68.20 (the all in cost) for six months, no Visa payments allowed for automatic renewal and they will send an actual "paper" bill without charging an extra $2.00 for that little perk (I anticipate that will happen in the next week or so as they promised.)
Old 12-11-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Terrible service w/horrid, endless commecials. We've let it lapse on all cars.

I had a note from a friend this morning. Their renewal just came thru at $218.55/yr. LOL !
Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I renew mine every 6 months. You can always get the $5.x/month price, you just have to insist on it. They always try to sell you something else. Here's what I have:

SiriusXM Select 6-Month Special Offer

Here's what I pay per 6 months:
SiriusXM Service 29.94
Service Fees 4.16
Old 12-11-2017, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I also have the 6 months for 30$ plan and the renewal is coming up in few weeks. I think getting the Spotify premium for 10$ a month will be more useful with the offline listening plus listening on Google home, Amazon Echo.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Terrible service w/horrid, endless commecials.
While I agree it can be expensive, I don't get "endless commercials". In fact I can't remember the last time I heard a commercial.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kentr
FWIW, try How to Get a Discount Sirius XM Radio Subscription

The "deals" are out there if you call (or do this in a "chat") and are armed with some examples. I have a few weeks remaining on both cars and while I "like" SiriusXM, I'm not in love with it so the price has to be reasonable. The only thing I enjoy more than dealing with the renewal process is sticking pins in my eyes and/or drinking bleach! There was one exception and that happened on July 23, 2017 when I called and got somebody helpful - renewal total for each car was $68.20 (the all in cost) for six months, no Visa payments allowed for automatic renewal and they will send an actual "paper" bill without charging an extra $2.00 for that little perk (I anticipate that will happen in the next week or so as they promised.)

Oh, when I finally got through to someone and told them to cancel my contract they put me on hold and attempted to make an offer for 6 months at a great deal - like the ones I previously had gotten. I simply told them no, I don't like the auto renewal thing and to cancel immediately. I simply don't like doing that dance every 6 months.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

After 6 years on the A4, and 2 years on the Q7, and a 3 month plus 6 month extension on the TT... i’ve let my subscription lapse.

I would call each year on renewal, and explain 1) how I only drive each of these cars less than 10k a year 2) reception in my area is terrible, and 3) if anything, I’ll renew at $99 for 12 months (continuing the intro rate).

i agree that music is OK, but listening to news stations was endless ads. (I don’t have cable, so aren’t used to ads).

But, my biggest beef is not being able to consolidate (say) three cars onto one billing cycle and creating a ‘package deal’. When they call me, I tell them this.

Quick Reply: Sirius radio....