A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

APR TUNED??

Old 02-13-2018, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default APR TUNED??

Anybody here running an APR tune??

I'm really curious to hear how it is, how you like it, how it performs, MPG's, etc.

Please post!

gr
Old 02-14-2018, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an APR tune on my last three Audis. 2016 A3, 2017 A4, 2018 A4. It's a daily driver for me, nothing crazy. But the tune is night and day. Forgetting all of the dyno numbers and stuff. The car really is a different car. The immediate thing you notice is the throttle response. Tap the gas and the car goes. The small delay that's there from stock that you never noticed was there is gone. The best way to describe it is that it really wakes the car up.

Mileage is somewhat better, but that's more subjective. Once the car re-learns, it seems to be to be 5-10% better, but, again, that's totally subjective.

I love it, and wouldn't do without. Car is totally streetable, no downside from that aspect.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a APR tune on my 14 VW Passat 1.8T - It is night and day difference. The car should come this way from the factory, tones of power. Gas mileage was slightly better, however it is subjective. At first it was bad, because I kept getting on it every chance I got. Tones of smiles! Give it gas and the car keeps wanting to go faster. I agree with Gregory Topf, the throttle response is instant. The only issue I had was tire spin on the front wheel drive. That is why I bought my audi A4 Quattro, well thats not the only reason. I was due for an upgrade. I'm contemplating an APR tune or Race Chip. I like the idea of bening able to take the tune off if i need to go to the dealership for warranty work and it is transferable to another car if I get ride of my current one (or take off if i sell it). Don't get me wrong the APR Tune is Awesome!

Last edited by TexasA4Turbo; 02-14-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the APR tune on my car. Best mod I've done. More usable power everywhere. I test drove a B9 S4 and It didn't feel any faster than my tuned A4. So upgrading to an S4 would have been a sideways move except the S4 has nicer seats. At first I was a little worried about the warranty but after 8k miles trouble free miles I'm at ease now. I've been in for service several times (first oil change, a rattle in the pass door and sensor adjustment for the hands free trunk) and the dealer hasn't said anything. Who knows, maybe I'm TD1 and don't know it. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and will continue to drive in S mode all the time. My car seems like it's taking the tune in stride and not overly stressed.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-14-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

THanks guys.

Did some searching before I posted, but didn't see anybody talking about changing over to the APR tune.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on a non-S4 B9, and more close to an Allroad, but somehow I just COULDN'T get in step with the new Quattro system.
That, and I would have had to swap the OEM springs on the Allroad. Just too floaty for me.

Needless to say - thank you for posting your impressions. I'm a believer, and If I ever go to a 2.0t platform, i'll be FOR SURE putting in the APR.

gr