A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Sport vs regular seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport vs regular seats?

I've been in the market for a 2017 A4 and it's been quite difficult to find one with the sport package. I mostly want the sport package for the seats, but the regular seats don't seem too bad... Has anyone not gotten the sport seats and hate them, think they're overrated, etc?
Old 06-05-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I test drove a Prestige with the regular seats and thought they were more comfortable than my '14 Mercedes C300 with sport seats but I would be interested to how they feel for long rides. I typically drive about 800-1,000 miles a month for work and some trips I'm in the car for ~6 hours. The Mercedes is terrible for long trips, comfort wise. The flip side is I want the standard/comfort suspension and sport seats aren't an option for the 2018 model unless I get the sport suspension, which I'm not eager to get. I would be curious to hear from those who have driven a sport suspension/seat and have had experience with the comfort/standard suspension and seats to get a better idea of how drastic the feel is.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

You guys should try to put your location in your profile info when posting on the left hand side...

I'm in Canada and the sports package comes with rims, suspension lowered, exterior highlights (bumpers), and inside, sports seats and sports wheel.

The sports seats are definitely worth it. Much more comfortable in my opinion vs the standard. I actually went in about 5 times to test drive the cars and seat comfort was a big thing for me, so I paid attention to it.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Location added (US).
Old 06-05-2017, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by munsabin

[SNIP}

I'm in Canada and the sports package comes with rims, suspension lowered, exterior highlights (bumpers), and inside, sports seats and sports wheel.
Rims.... So Audi supplies only the rims, and if you want to drive the car, you're left having to source spokes and hubs yourself? Probably less expensive to simply buy an entire wheel aftermarket from Tirerack etc. Sourcing a wheel by its components cannot be easy or inexpensive. Even if you use the inside 'wheel', you're still left having to buy three more wheels...

Geez, what's next? The buyer supplies the battery and windshield?

I've yet to understand why/how it became cool to refer to 'wheels' as 'rims'. Yup, I know it's popular, but still... why?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by munsabin

The sports seats are definitely worth it. Much more comfortable in my opinion vs the standard. I actually went in about 5 times to test drive the cars and seat comfort was a big thing for me, so I paid attention to it.
In Canada the Sport seats also come in the Comfort Seating Package. On a recent 13 hour drive my wife and were very comfortable. For my 170 lb body the seats have nice bolstering without being difficult to enter and exit. Sport seats were a must have or me, just my 2¢

Last edited by Z06jerry; 06-05-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agree.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

The age-old debate. My answer is that I am 5'8", 158 lbs., in my 50s and find the Sport Seats incredibly comfortable. That is because I can extend the thigh bolsters, even though I'm not tall. I sometimes have back issues, and having longer thigh bolsters takes some of the pressure off the back. I didn't try the regular seats in the A4, but I had a new A6 as a loaner recently and I just found the regular seats short and not very supportive overall.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by icon5585
I've been in the market for a 2017 A4 and it's been quite difficult to find one with the sport package. I mostly want the sport package for the seats, but the regular seats don't seem too bad... Has anyone not gotten the sport seats and hate them, think they're overrated, etc?
I have the sports seats with the Alcantara that comes with the manual/sport plus package - I think they are very comfortable. I was able to compare directly to non-sport seats in a 2017 A4 extended loaner I had while waiting for my car to arrive. Standard seats are comfortable too - much better than standard seats in my old B8. But, I think the sport seats (with Alcantara) are a bit more comfortable and certainly more supportive.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Since having sport seats (bolsters) on my last few cars, I would never get another car without them. However, I could see if you a a really big/heavy rider, they just may be too confining and uncomfortable.

Quick Reply: Sport vs regular seats?