A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

SS Pedal Caps

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
This is one of the best upgrades you can do! These pedal caps really make the interior pop. Nice contrast to break up the dark interior (at least mine is all dark on the inside).
I agree, really adds some sparkle to a dead zone. I'm assuming taking the original pedal covers off and installing these is simply a matter of taking off a screw or is there more to it?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I agree, really adds some sparkle to a dead zone. I'm assuming taking the original pedal covers off and installing these is simply a matter of taking off a screw or is there more to it?
I just had the dealership do it but yes, you can remove the dead pedal and brake pedal. For the gas it slips over. I had issues getting it on and didn't want to brake anything so I paid for 1/2 hour of labor from the dealership which is $140 a hour.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I just had the dealership do it but yes, you can remove the dead pedal and brake pedal. For the gas it slips over. I had issues getting it on and didn't want to brake anything so I paid for 1/2 hour of labor from the dealership which is $140 a hour.
Slips over? OEM or knock off?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Slips over? OEM or knock off?
OEM. The gas pedal on the car isn't removable therefore you have to slip it over the gas pedal. The brake and dead pedal have to be removed. The dead pedal is held on with some type of screw.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

The accelerator cover slips over the pedal since it doesn't have any rubber cover that you can remove. You'll need a small screw driver to wedge between the rubber flap of the new pedal and the accelerator pedal to make it sit over it. The stock rubber cover on the brake pedal can be removed and the new one is put in its place. You'll need a screw driver to force the brake pedal off since there are two tabs on it keeping it in place.
The only difficulty I faced was the way you have to contort your body to work in the footwell. I've done this in my previous VWs and it was okay for me. It is a slight hassle and can leave you irritated (if you are like me) since it takes a bit of contorting and pushing and stuff to fix it properly. It is definitely doable though. I mean. I'm someone with close to zero DIY experience and I could do it.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
The accelerator cover slips over the pedal since it doesn't have any rubber cover that you can remove. You'll need a small screw driver to wedge between the rubber flap of the new pedal and the accelerator pedal to make it sit over it. The stock rubber cover on the brake pedal can be removed and the new one is put in its place. You'll need a screw driver to force the brake pedal off since there are two tabs on it keeping it in place.
The only difficulty I faced was the way you have to contort your body to work in the footwell. I've done this in my previous VWs and it was okay for me. It is a slight hassle and can leave you irritated (if you are like me) since it takes a bit of contorting and pushing and stuff to fix it properly. It is definitely doable though. I mean. I'm someone with close to zero DIY experience and I could do it.
Or you could pay $70 and have the dealership do it for you :P
Old 04-11-2017, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Or you could pay $70 and have the dealership do it for you :P
He he. It took me all of 10 mins to remove the brake pedal and install the accelerator and brake pedal caps. I kinda like doing stuff like this. Makes me feel like I know something
Old 04-11-2017, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

He he. It took me all of 10 mins to remove the brake pedal and install the accelerator and brake pedal caps. I kinda like doing stuff like this. Makes me feel like I know something
+1

Makes me feel like crap that I couldn't do it......here, have my man card.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock rubber cover on the brake pedal can be removed and the new one is put in its place. You'll need a screw driver to force the brake pedal off since there are two tabs on it keeping it in place.
Or you can be a dummy like me and pull it off with your bare hands! No damage done or anything, it just took a hell of a lot of force.

For the foot rest, for the life of me, I can't get it, the screw hole, and the screw lined up. Eventually I just gave up and putting the screw back in. The foot rest stays in place anyway.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Sebec Veritas
Or you can be a dummy like me and pull it off with your bare hands! No damage done or anything, it just took a hell of a lot of force.

For the foot rest, for the life of me, I can't get it, the screw hole, and the screw lined up. Eventually I just gave up and putting the screw back in. The foot rest stays in place anyway.
I tried pulling it off but I was afraid I would tear the rubber pad off. I knew there were locks at the bottom. So I wedged a small screwdriver in between the locks after pushing the locks off from the bottom. It came off easily. It was slightly hard pushing the locks of the replacement in place. What I did was align it properly, sit on the drivers seat and step on the brake pedal with all my might. That worked.

Quick Reply: SS Pedal Caps