A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Start Stop Feature Disable

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Start Stop Feature Disable

Hi,
As many have noted hate this feature in the car that it can't be permanently disabled.
I recently was part of a thread about start stop. Someone posted what appears to be the best solution to the problem regarding a device from a company Kufatec
I contacted the company and got this link from them for 2017 B9 https://www.kufatec.de/shop/index?pa...duct&info=8904
One person responded that it worked great and in no way voids or impacts the warranty ?

I would love others to weigh in on this. Although there is an approximate $70 charge, that it is pretty much the perfect solution ?

As a side note I drive a MANUAL transmission and have been experiencing problems where my car stalls at extremely slow speeds (not sure if start stop is on or off but most likely on) and requires engine restart with the restart button. This has occurred at least a half dozen times since purchasing car last April. Audi service is looking into the problem. Hopefully Audi has a solution but in the mean time i will always disable start stop which in general is a pain.

Any thoughts are appreciated
Old 02-18-2018, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, all I can say is that mine HAS been PERMANENTLY disabled. I bought the OBD11 a few weeks after I bought my car last Labor Day weekend. Used the app within the OBD11 to disable the SS. It has been over 5K miles and 6 months later and it has not reactivated once.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
Well, all I can say is that mine HAS been PERMANENTLY disabled. I bought the OBD11 a few weeks after I bought my car last Labor Day weekend. Used the app within the OBD11 to disable the SS.
Same here for over 20k miles now. One can spend $70 for OBDEleven and make this change and a bunch more or spend $70 on a gadget that just makes the one change.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Well, all I can say is that mine HAS been PERMANENTLY disabled. I bought the OBD11 a few weeks after I bought my car last Labor Day weekend. Used the app within the OBD11 to disable the SS. It has been over 5K miles and 6 months later and it has not reactivated once.
I successfully disabled Start/Stop using the OBD11 app, but wasn't crazy about the outcome. When I would stop the car, the engine would shudder as if it was going to stall, and then quickly recover. But while I was sitting there with my foot on the brake, the idling was uneven, surging and falling occasionally. I didn't know if this was harming the engine, so I re-enabled Start/Stop, and will just go back to pushing the button on the dash to turn it off.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Obdeleven

I purchased a new obd eleven from ECS running but its asking for a 6 digit code???

Anyone know where to get this code from ?
Old 02-19-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I successfully disabled Start/Stop using the OBD11 app, but wasn't crazy about the outcome. When I would stop the car, the engine would shudder as if it was going to stall, and then quickly recover. But while I was sitting there with my foot on the brake, the idling was uneven, surging and falling occasionally. I didn't know if this was harming the engine, so I re-enabled Start/Stop, and will just go back to pushing the button on the dash to turn it off.
Same here and re-activated the feature. I used the OBD11 app so had to use the app again and cost 200 credits.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by R8ready
I purchased a new obd eleven from ECS running but its asking for a 6 digit code???

Did you buy the PRO version???
Old 02-19-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pro

Yes it came with the code to upgrade to the pro
Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here for over a month
Old 02-21-2018, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by R8ready

There are stickers affixed to the box with the codes (reg & free credits). Look at both the top cover box AND the inside box, along one edge.

Quick Reply: Start Stop Feature Disable