A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Stopped by the dealer today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Stopped by the dealer today...

So, I went to the dealer today to get a battery for the remote key and an issue with the trunk cover, so I had to wait around a few minutes - which was fine by me. 2 observations.

1. Manhattan Grey ( seen on the 2018 Allroad) is a beautiful color, deep and rich, without the high maintenance of black.
2. I would never, ever get standard, non-sport seats in any Audi. The side bolsters and thigh extensions on the sport seats are way too important for me to be comfortable sitting on anything else.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta say my Manhattan Grey A4 is one of the best looking grey's on the road.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nostromo
I gotta say my Manhattan Grey A4 is one of the best looking grey's on the road.

Pics don't really do it justice. Very impressive.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
So, I went to the dealer today to get a battery for the remote key and an issue with the trunk cover, so I had to wait around a few minutes - which was fine by me. 2 observations.

1. Manhattan Grey ( seen on the 2018 Allroad) is a beautiful color, deep and rich, without the high maintenance of black.
2. I would never, ever get standard, non-sport seats in any Audi. The side bolsters and thigh extensions on the sport seats are way too important for me to be comfortable sitting on anything else.
I’ve got to agree on the a Manhattan Grey. I love it on my car and I’m glad I chose it. I think it complements the lowered sports suspension well and the standard five spoke 18 inch wheels look like they are custom painted to go with the color. The sport package seats are great too. I test drove B9 with the standard seats and they were fine, but the sport seats had more of a “one with the car” feeling for me. IMO, the $750 sport package is one of the B9’s best value options.

Last edited by Dave W; 01-11-2018 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve got monsoon grey and I’ve only seen another one once around here. I had Q5 over the weekend as a loaner and I found the non-sport seats really uncomfortable.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Manhattan Grey / Moonsoon vs Daytona Grey?

I fall in love with daytona, it just sparkles
Old 01-09-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DizzyA4
I’ve got monsoon grey and I’ve only seen another one once around here. I had Q5 over the weekend as a loaner and I found the non-sport seats really uncomfortable.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I briefly sat in 3 non sport seats yesterday Q5, A4 and A4 Allroad and found them the same way - uncomfortable and non-supportive. Now, I do understand that seating is a personal thing and there is no right or wrong, but I would recommend that anyone considering aa new/used car whether buying or leasing spend some time sitting/driving in both types of seats before making a decision.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I sound like a broken record, but I briefly sat in 3 non sport seats yesterday Q5, A4 and A4 Allroad and found them the same way - uncomfortable and non-supportive. Now, I do understand that seating is a personal thing and there is no right or wrong, but I would recommend that anyone considering aa new/used car whether buying or leasing spend some time sitting/driving in both types of seats before making a decision.
+1 definitely need to sit in both seats and compare. I actually found the regular seats quite comfy but we ended up with the sport seats. With the Black package (Canadian Black Optics), the red stitching makes it look even sportier. Just wish Audi offered red sport seats to the A4 instead of only keeping it for the S4
Old 01-10-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much did that battery cost ya for your key fob? $100 😝Anyways I have Manhattan Grey and it’s an absolute beautiful color, when clean. Doesn’t get as noticeably dirty as all black would but I love the color. My last A4 was Monsoon Grey and Manhattan Grey for me is a far more beautiful color.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Strife1013
How much did that battery cost ya for your key fob? $100 😝Anyways I have Manhattan Grey and it’s an absolute beautiful color, when clean. Doesn’t get as noticeably dirty as all black would but I love the color. My last A4 was Monsoon Grey and Manhattan Grey for me is a far more beautiful color.
Funny, you should ask about that. Parts charged my about 5-6 bucks. When I spoke to the service adviser about the trunk cover - he said the battery should be free - and they refunded the price of the battery.

Quick Reply: Stopped by the dealer today...