A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Strange sound from dashboard or seat

Old 05-10-2019, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange sound from dashboard or seat

Hello, since last few weeks i have issue with my 2016 Audi A4. Strange sound is coming from dashboard or maybe seat. Something like tik tik tik.

It occurs when i release gas pedal and it engages D at speed around 30-40 mp/h (60 km/h) even on perfect road, or when making stop. I have checked lots of videos regarding dashboard issues for B9 but non of them is like this. One day i have tested it with my wife and it seams if someone is sitting on passenger seat its not very noticable, i need to do more tests.

Soon i will have regular maintenance but sometimes this sound is not detectable, and i am wondering if someone else had it.

Here is video of it:

<iframe width="640" height="340" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/irvaBVomURg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pay attention to 0:05

<iframe width="640" height="340" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePMJKE3-Kig" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Starting at 0:08

<iframe width="640" height="340" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2kySzR5QfhY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi nike tz

I think I have that exact noise at the moment. I had it once before and after mentioning it at a service they did stop it. I was told there was something lose underneath the car. I was noise free for nearly 12 months. The noise (a subtle ticking / rattle) is now back again. I am waiting for the next service to mention it again. My noise comes and goes to some extent, but most often happens if I suddenly take my foot of the accelerator after an acceleration phase...typically around the 20 KPH range. I have had the entire centre console out as for all the world it sounds like it is coming from around the transmission shifter region. The noise will sometimes just appear going over slight bumps in the road and sounds like something very free and lose as it is in time with the small bumps. I can say that everything is perfectly locked down under the centre console (well made and tight) so I am thinking that I was told the correct thing last time I had it fixed, and what ever it was has come lose again.
The really frustrating part, is I just recently called in to my Audi centre to get them to look up what was tightened, and it was not recorded in the service notes.

Cheers
avss01
Old 07-22-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, i was on regular service and following has been done. All door trim plastic has been taken off and added some isolation so it doesn't move at all. Plastic on seat, where are seat electric controls, has been tighten a little bit, it was lose. To be honest on this summer weather its was difficult to notice issue, will know more in next several months.

One of the most noise in interior was on this location (https://prnt.sc/oha1np) if you go over bad road or speed bumps. It has been tighten up, not perfectly, and difference is big in ride quality. For next visit we have agreed to fix it little bit more on passenger side doors, because on one of 4 corners on mentioned plastic it sills do some bad plastic sound.