A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Thanks! Things I learned here about my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
I believe you have to turn them on via the **** on the drivers door.
Correct.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I just realised that the 2017 A4 doesn't have headlamp washers. I wonder why since the 2016 A4s and even A3s had them (the 2017 A3s don't have them either but the Audi USA website shows the A3 with headlamp washers and also one pic of an A4 with it).
Hmmmn, I didn't know that. My first Audi 2000 A3 had them and none of my other cars/CUV's since then did. To those that did or do have then, do you think it's really a useful feature or just another added cost and something else to worry about malfunctioning?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Hmmmn, I didn't know that. My first Audi 2000 A3 had them and none of my other cars/CUV's since then did. To those that did or do have then, do you think it's really a useful feature or just another added cost and something else to worry about malfunctioning?
I actually just realised that my other cars have headlight washers. I have never seen it in action. But yes. I saw the cutouts below the headlamps of my A7 and X3 and realised it was for headlight washers. Then checked the A4 and found out that it doesn't have it. Checked online out of curiosity and saw that the old A4 and A3 had it and even A4s sold in Europe now have it.
Personally it doesn't matter to me I guess but just wondered why the skimped out on it. My friends in India who had cars with halogen headlamps used to deactivate it since the headlamp plastic used to fade over time when water is squirted on a hot headlamp.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have premium plus or prestige ? If premium plus, your saying the dealership activated this for you?

[QUOTE=bob m;24886461]
Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Also my car has the lane keep assist and traffic sign recognition display in the VC activated from the factory but hasn't been activated via vcds/OBDeleven. I will try that soon when I get some free time.
/QUOTE]

Hmmnnn, I did not see that info in the VC, only in the HUD. Is that a function of the different package levels - Premium+ vs Prestige?
Old 07-26-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heated Side Mirrors- I have a premium +. Does it really not have heated side mirrors? WTF?

Coding for traffic sign and lane assist- My car is leased- is this something the dealership can tell if I change the coding?
Old 07-26-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaybar
Heated Side Mirrors- I have a premium +. Does it really not have heated side mirrors? WTF?

Coding for traffic sign and lane assist- My car is leased- is this something the dealership can tell if I change the coding?
I have a Premium +, too, and I came out to a lot of condensation on my side mirrors and windows. It was a feature I totally forgot about, but I used it for the first time this morning. Super handy--I assure you that your car has it, too.

Take a look at the mirror control **** on the driver's side door, and you should see the mirror heating option on the lower right. Just turn the **** to select it, and it'll clear any condensation.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a feature that will come handy during the cold months that you probably didn't know.

Residual Heat: below a certain temp, once the car is turned off, immediately press one of the round black ***** and residual heating will be activated. the heat from the coolant is directed to the cabin to keep the inside warm.

Really useful when making short stops during the cold season i.e gas station, grocery
Old 07-27-2017, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ODIE-B9
Here's a feature that will come handy during the cold months that you probably didn't know.

Residual Heat: below a certain temp, once the car is turned off, immediately press one of the round black ***** and residual heating will be activated. the heat from the coolant is directed to the cabin to keep the inside warm.

Really useful when making short stops during the cold season i.e gas station, grocery
works somewhat in the summer, too. The fan will kick i and blow "cool" air into the cabin. The airflow alone makes a difference.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaybar

I don't think anyone's worked out coding for traffic sign recognition.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ODIE-B9

Originally Posted by blassus
works somewhat in the summer, too. The fan will kick i and blow "cool" air into the cabin. The airflow alone makes a difference.
Get out. That's so awesome. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Thanks! Things I learned here about my car