Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Thoughts from a TT/A6/A8 driver

A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Thoughts from a TT/A6/A8 driver

Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thoughts from a TT/A6/A8 driver

TT is in for service and was given a Ď19 A4 loaner. Previous Audiís include C7 A6 TDI, D4 A8.

first time driving the B9, had driven plenty of B8s previously. I am more than impressed at the refinement level of this car, as well as the total lack of road or wind noise at cruising speed. Of course my loaner is the base model, so Iím riding on comfort oriented AS tires, but again; impressive. Hands down this car is quieter than both my A8 and previous A6.

also impressed that unlike the previous models, the base level trim doesnít feel cheapend, whereas in the past Audi would give you the red mono driver display panel as well as the lesser MMI. Loving this car.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts. The refinement level was one of the first things that impressed me as well when I first drove my car. I even compared it to Bentley in terms of refinement and cabin noise! I have the dual pane front windows in my prestige which reduces the noise levels even more.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by marz1 View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts. The refinement level was one of the first things that impressed me as well when I first drove my car. I even compared it to Bentley in terms of refinement and cabin noise! I have the dual pane front windows in my prestige which reduces the noise levels even more.
I do recall reading somewhere in the early reviews that the db rating at 70 mph of this car was within 1 dB of rolls royce phantom.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MCRN View Post
I do recall reading somewhere in the early reviews that the db rating at 70 mph of this car was within 1 dB of rolls royce phantom.
Yup. Though Iíve never been in an RR or Bentley so I donít know. But my A4 is still (even with mods such as the CAI) quieter than the A7 or SQ5 or even the X3.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I love my A4 Allroad and it is very quiet, but comparing the A4 refinement to a Bentley? Are you speaking of fit/finish/quality of the interior? My 2016 Macan S was more refined/higher quality than my Allroad.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

crack cocaine?
Old 03-14-2019, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m View Post
I love my A4 Allroad and it is very quiet, but comparing the A4 refinement to a Bentley? Are you speaking of fit/finish/quality of the interior? My 2016 Macan S was more refined/higher quality than my Allroad.

Yes. I definitely compared it to the Bentley continental GT at the time. Iím talking mostly about the noise level, vibration from road and the engine and of course fit and finish. The solid door thunk, the quality of the buttons and the clicking sound they make. The smoothness of the power delivery when accelerating and decelerating. Bentley has some premium materials for sure like the alacantra headliner or leather dash which gives you a more premium feeling. But it also shares a lot of components with our A4 inside and out. The steering wheel is one example. A4 may not be super premium like the Bentley but the refinement is definitely there.

Last edited by marz1; 03-14-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. I definitely compared it to the Bentley continental GT at the time. I’m talking mostly about the noise level, vibration from road and the engine and of course fit and finish. The solid door thunk, the quality of the buttons and the clicking sound they make. The smoothness of the power delivery when accelerating and decelerating. Bentley has some premium materials for sure like the alacantra headliner or leather dash which gives you a more premium feeling. But it also shares a lot of components with our A4 inside and out. The steering wheel is one example. A4 may not be super premium like the Bentley but the refinement is definitely there.
That reminded me. I notice that the steering on the new Bentley have similar buttons as our A4. Just that it’s glossy in the Bentley whereas matte in ours. I was wondering if there was a difference in feel when u pressed the buttons on the Bentley wheels compared to in our A4. Like say the buttons felt dampened and refined or was the feel the same.

See. Same buttons as the A4 on the Bentley too.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post

That reminded me. I notice that the steering on the new Bentley have similar buttons as our A4. Just that itís glossy in the Bentley whereas matte in ours. I was wondering if there was a difference in feel when u pressed the buttons on the Bentley wheels compared to in our A4. Like say the buttons felt dampened and refined or was the feel the same.
After all, they both are VW group companies. Looks they are sharing designs as well as some materials/components.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post

That reminded me. I notice that the steering on the new Bentley have similar buttons as our A4. Just that itís glossy in the Bentley whereas matte in ours. I was wondering if there was a difference in feel when u pressed the buttons on the Bentley wheels compared to in our A4. Like say the buttons felt dampened and refined or was the feel the same.

They felt the same except for the diamond knurling volume/menu up and down buttons.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts from a TT/A6/A8 driver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: