Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by volcomic
Isn't the "Ultra" FWD and only 190hp?
That's correct.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by volcomic
To be honest, there is no comparison between the two. The A4 is faster, while having 4 doors, AWD, and is several leagues ahead in fit & finish, technology, and general design. I'm excited for you!
I'll second that lol.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ossodiseppia
I have a 2018 Allroad. I regret my purchase. There are just too many little things that I really don't like. There are a few things I hate about the car, the parking brake is one of them. The other is the lag. It's not really an issue pulling away from a stop light. But passing cars on a two lane road can be a little hair raising. Give yourself plenty of time and room before mashing down on the accelerator. Watch out for the Audi safety feature that smacks on the brakes when you get to close to the car in front of you, especially when you are going to whip out an pass that car.

Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy, but I really prefer a car with less bells and whistles and, a manual gear box. I've given a lot of thought to dumping the car in favor of a Volkswagon Golf All Track. You can get those with manual gear box. I mis my B7 avant. It was a great car and I regret the trade I made to the car I own.

Take an extensive test drive.
For sh**ts and giggles what do you not like about the park brake?
It doesn't hold the weight of the car properly? Takes too long to engage? Button size too big or small for your fingers?

You can adjust the front collision sensors to if you haven't already try the late setting see how that works.

As far as passing cars on the hwy my A4 quattro has no issues, I blew by a few people today as a matter of fact lol.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sirfrancis
For sh**ts and giggles what do you not like about the park brake?

It doesn't hold the weight of the car properly? Takes too long to engage? Button size too big or small for your fingers?
I prefer one that is not automatic. When I park my car on my angled driveway, it comes on. It also comes on when I start the car in my garage and I don't have my foot on the brake. In the past, I rarely used a parking brake, so it's annoying for it tom come on.

You can adjust the front collision sensors to if you haven't already try the late setting see how that works.
I prefer not to have this feature at all.

As far as passing cars on the hwy my A4 quattro has no issues, I blew by a few people today as a matter of fact lol.
My car blows by people as well. There's no complaint about the acceleration, it's the time that the car takes to kick down a gear.

What you don't know is that I' am experience growing pains with my car. This is my first automatic plus it's mt first car that has something more than basic bells and whistles. My previous car was 2007 MT6 B7 Avant 3.2. This car was basic. Before that, a 2002 Jetta GLI MT6 that would blow the doors off the B7. Before that, several other VWs and Alfa Romeos.

The foreign cars that are imported into the US come loaded with features that I really don't care for, Unless I want a small Nissan, Toyota or Subaru, there just nothing in the class of car that I like, that comes with a manual gear box and little optional equipment.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

What you don't know is that I' am experience growing pains with my car. This is my first automatic plus it's mt first car that has something more than basic bells and whistles. My previous car was 2007 MT6 B7 Avant 3.2. This car was basic. Before that, a 2002 Jetta GLI MT6 that would blow the doors off the B7. Before that, several other VWs and Alfa Romeos.

The foreign cars that are imported into the US come loaded with features that I really don't care for, Unless I want a small Nissan, Toyota or Subaru, there just nothing in the class of car that I like, that comes with a manual gear box and little optional equipment.
Looks not the car's problem. Rather yours not to catch up with the time. Sorry! I am getting old as well and trying very hard to adopting to the "new information world".
The following 2 users liked this post by minmet:
ETrains (07-03-2019), volcomic (09-22-2020)
Old 04-23-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2018 Allroad. I regret my purchase. There are just too many little things that I really don't like. There are a few things I hate about the car, the parking brake is one of them. The other is the lag. It's not really an issue pulling away from a stop light. But passing cars on a two lane road can be a little hair raising. Give yourself plenty of time and room before mashing down on the accelerator. Watch out for the Audi safety feature that smacks on the brakes when you get to close to the car in front of you, especially when you are going to whip out an pass that car.

Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy, but I really prefer a car with less bells and whistles and, a manual gear box. I've given a lot of thought to dumping the car in favor of a Volkswagon Golf All Track. You can get those with manual gear box. I mis my B7 avant. It was a great car and I regret the trade I made to the car I own.

Take an extensive test drive.

There is some lag at cruising speed when accelerating to pass other cars. It does take a second to downshift and accelerate. The issue is that you tend to push the accelerator too much waiting for the car to accelerate, then the car accelerates more than anticipated. It does take some getting used to but it does n ot inspire confidence weaving through traffic. Using sport mode does all but eliminate this, at the expense of some fuel mileage. I have begun using sport mode 99% of time and the car is much more enjoyable to drive.

Hope this helps
The following 2 users liked this post by TitleistFan:
ETrains (07-03-2019), volcomic (09-22-2020)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not an issue with a manual transmission

i have 2017 A4 with manual transmission. Prior to purchase doing test drives as well as using loaners during service i noticed the lag problem. Very disconcerting and very disappointing. I had always planned to purchase the manual transmission so never a problem. To be honest if I had only the choice of a automatic transmission and was aware of the problem i perhaps would have passed on the car.. I happen to work part time driving BMW's for a local dealer. I drive all of the models and have never experienced anything similar. I am hoping that when the time comes for a new car (probably not for a few years) Audi has resolved the problem.
On a side note I was just in Germany and took a tour of the Audi assembly plant in Ingolstadt.. In short a fabulous tour. Literally walked much of the line with the robots and technicians a couple feet away. It was simply fascinating. Highly Highly recommended if you get the opportunity.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had the same issue with the parking brake. Drove me nuts! My driveway has a slight slope, very small. Had to always turn on the parking brake so the car didn’t roll away. Got the obdeleven app and first thing I did was change the auto brake off/on setting! Very simple. Now I’m happy? Soon as I hit park it also turns on parking brake! Never fails. Only downside is if you try and drive off without seat belt on it will not auto disengage, you must turn it off. Seldom bothers me as I always do up seat belt as I’m starting. But love it! You might want to consider doing.

plus did all the other stuff that the app can do. Totally worth it.

YMMV. Cheers
Old 09-17-2020, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I think there’s nothing one can do about the throttle lag except live with it. Pedal boxes might reduce it but it’s still there. Of all my cars, my A7 has the best throttle response and I wish the other two Audis had the same throttle response as the A7.
Im guessing your A7 has a ZF paired with 3.0T supercharged ? This setup has zero lag, my 2013 Q5 has it, perfect setup and very tunable.

Weighing my options for my next car and because of the throttle lag issue, may avoid B9 gen like the plague ....
Old 09-21-2020, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PNW-Leadfoot
Weighing my options for my next car and because of the throttle lag issue, may avoid B9 gen like the plague ....
It's a wretched car!

Quick Reply: Throttle Lag